cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to address Segments_display Component to QY4

Jump to solution
ecoli
Contributor I
I can't find a way to address the Segments_display on a Demo CodeWarrior 5.7.

The segments will be commanded trough PORTB, and de digits trough PORTA.

The Visualizationtool 7 Segment Display works ok, but I need more digits (and multiplexed, like it will be in real life).

If anybody can help me, I apreciate. Tks.

ecoli
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
I fear there will be no simple answer.
The segments_display you can configure a little bit, but as you say: this does not provide you much what you want.
The 7-segment in the Visualisation tool is more generic (you can add more/etc), but is not multiplexed.

I think the only real solution is following: there is a product/package called 'Peripheral Builder', which allows you to create your own visualisation/peripherals. Basically it is an SDK, providing examples and wizards for Visual Studio (it was done for version 6.0). Teh 'segments_display' one was done with this SDK as an example, so you see what is possible. Now this would require some real C++ programming/etc to make it work.

Some more information: http://store.metrowerks.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17C?SID=43305&SP=10023&CID=145724&PID=699082&PN=1&V1=...

Erich

Message Edited by Alban on 02-27-2006 10:47 AM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
I fear there will be no simple answer.
The segments_display you can configure a little bit, but as you say: this does not provide you much what you want.
The 7-segment in the Visualisation tool is more generic (you can add more/etc), but is not multiplexed.

I think the only real solution is following: there is a product/package called 'Peripheral Builder', which allows you to create your own visualisation/peripherals. Basically it is an SDK, providing examples and wizards for Visual Studio (it was done for version 6.0). Teh 'segments_display' one was done with this SDK as an example, so you see what is possible. Now this would require some real C++ programming/etc to make it work.

Some more information: http://store.metrowerks.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17C?SID=43305&SP=10023&CID=145724&PID=699082&PN=1&V1=...

Erich

Message Edited by Alban on 02-27-2006 10:47 AM

0 Kudos
ecoli
Contributor I
First of all, thaks for your answer Erich. I'll a try a less expensive solution.

I'll make real display experiments.
0 Kudos