Hiwave not working and not showing open source BDM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiwave not working and not showing open source BDM

kururusocho
Contributor I

So, my school offers codewarrior for free to download to do out labs, but i cant seem to debug it properly for my MC9S12G128 Tower Board. This is what shows up upon clicking debug, any action taken afterwards freezes and closes the Hiwave program. Any fixes for this?Screenshot-2017-09-27-11.58.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kururu,

Just in order to help you, please tell me more infomation:

What about your PC system? Which version of CW?

Do you use the on board debugger or external debugger ?

Please pay attention the jumper on your board refer to Quick Start Guide, I

also attached it for you.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

kururusocho
Contributor I

My PC uses Windows 10, CodeWarrior for S12(X) V5.1.

I do not know to be honest whether or not we use the external or on board debugger, (still learning over here), but If i had to guess from the past I'd probably go with external debugger, cause we only use the board to test if our codes actually work, but if that's what on board debugging means, then yes, its probably on beard debugging.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kururu,

- The on board debugger is that there is a device MC9S08JM60 as the debugger,

we needn't use external debugger like Multilink . This debug mode is called OSBDM.

Only need connect the board with PC using a USB line.

pastedImage_1.jpg

So this is simple and cheap.

And the external debug is using  a external debugger , for example Mulitilink and so on.

- I can't be sure whether the CW5.1 support win10, in the System Requirements doesn't mentioned this system:

you can find it at "HCS12X_Quick_Start.pdf" under CW5.1 install folder, I also attached it.

pastedImage_2.png

While the CW5.2 support Win10, so you can use the CW5.2 CodeWarrior® Dev Tools for HCS12(X) MCUs|NXP   to have a try or use other win7 PC with CW5.1.

I use the WIN7, it can work well.  Please pay attention the jumper again on your board as I mentioned

last time. Also please first use a simple project to debug .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos