Downloading to K60 slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading to K60 slow

matthewkendall
Contributor V

CodeWarrior 10.4 connected to TWR-K60F120M via USB, using P&E OSJTAG.

On Windows XP starting a debug session was slow but tolerable; from memory about 45 seconds to download and be ready to click the run button. I have just got a new machine running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (very fast, lots of RAM). Now starting a debug session seems to be significantly slower; over four minutes to get from clicking the Debug button in the C++ perspective to complete downloading and be ready to click the Run button in the Debug perspective. The vast majority of that time is "downloading binary to target" which hangs for a long time at 99%.

Nothing about the target has changed, and this is a completely fresh install of CodeWarrior on the new machine, with a fresh new workspace. Nothing about the project has changed; it was imported cleanly into the new workspace (including the .launch and .pemicro files).

Why would it be this slow, and what can I do to make it faster?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthew,

I've found interesting info on the web regarding the performance.

Please have a look to the link:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/02/26/men-in-black-are-back-flashing-and-fxing/

Scroll down to see info related to TWR-K60N512 board.

I've performed some tests on my side with TWR-K60D100M board with MCU V10.4 and V10.6.

Using the OSJATG interface I got similar performance under Win 7 32 bit OS: 30 seconds.

Attached you will find the example I used.

The time were measured when I click on Debug and application completely loaded on board (including debug info displayed on Assembly).

Regards

Pascal

matthewkendall
Contributor V

Thanks for looking in to this.

My downloading times have improved, for no particularly obvious reason. It is now taking about 60s total, of which the actual download is about 30s. I read the MCU on Eclipse article that you mentioned, and it was helpful in that I was not previously aware that there was a way to fiddle with things like the download clock speed. I was using the default of 5MHz. At 12.5MHz the download was about twice as fast (about 13s) but I saw occasional errors so I went back to 5MHz for safety.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Matthew,

CW for MCU V10.4 has been release 2 years ago.

CW for MCU V10.6 has been released last Friday.

You can download it from our web site via the link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

The MCU V10.5 license file can be used on MCU V10.6 too.

Regarding the problem.

I don't have similar board but TWR-K60D100M and TWR-K70F120M.

I've Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 32/64 bit PCs.

I will check with a sample project under TWR-K60D100M.

Keep you informed.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos