Debug Issues in CodeWarrior 10.7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Issues in CodeWarrior 10.7

rakeshshetty
Contributor II

Currently I am using the following configurations for testing our Evaluation Board.

MCU: PPC5643LFMLQ1

Motherboard: XPC56XX EVB

Mini-Board: XPC56XL 144LQFP

Software: CodeWarrior 10.7

USB Multilink Interface : USB-ML-PPCNEXUS

Problem Description:

Initially I have imported an example project available in CodeWarrior software. There was no issue while executing Build operation. But I am getting some errors while Debugging the program.

Please find the attached screen shots for more information.

I have shared one more screenshot, that error message will come once I abort the Debug operation.

Please let me know how to rectify this error.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

rakeshshetty
Contributor II

Hi,

I have removed the MCU from the socket.What i found was, 2 pins of the micro controller was very near.it was almost like shorting.Pin Number is 109 & 110.These to pins are for DEBUG[0] & DEBUG[1].

After correcting this mistake that earlier connection error problem is solved now.But unfortunately I am getting one new error now.Please see in the attachment.

Please let me know if you have any solutions for this error.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the error description is general eclipse error description and it is nearly impossible to tell you, what is wrong. I can only recommend you a procedure which could tell us more:

1) Try another microcontroller if you have one

2) It is possible your microcontroller is in Decoupled-parallel mode instead of Lock-step mode. Create new project for DPM and try to load it (this is not much probable, but try)

3) Because pins 109 and 110 could be shorted, there is some possibility that microcontroller was damaged. Measure reset line signal without debugger. You should see logical 1 signal after Power on reset.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

rakeshshetty
Contributor II

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your feedback.Thing is i have tried various methods to solve this issue like

1. I have checked the debugger connection in the Device Manager.Its totally fine.

2.I have reinstalled the drivers.

3.There is no issue with the power source.Checked it manually.

4.Even i have changed the debugger.

Still the problem is same.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

From the figures you sent me it seems, you do not have connected debugger to your PC. Could you please check if you see Multilink in the device manager (please see attachment)?

Have you correctly installed PE Micro drivers?

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

Regards,

Martin