cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEMO9S12XDT512 USB-to-BDM communication

Jump to solution
lucpronier
Contributor I

I recently started to work on the development board DEMO9S12XDT512. I followed the Quick Start Guide provided with the board. The first time I connected the board to the PC, everything was working well : the USB, USB PWR OUT, and +5V LED were turned on and the pre-installed program was running.

As asked on the Starter Guide, I installed CodeWarrior Develpment Studio for S12X v5.1, and modified the program. When I clicked on "debug" the True-Time Simulator & Real-Time Debugger window appeared and after a long loading time, the next message appeared : « Communications with the target failed : The target MCU has no clock or wrong BDM clock speed is used or derivative is secured. ». And then the USB and USB PWR LED turn off and never turned back on.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall CodeWarrior but the debugging operation never succeded.

On the Troubleshooting section of the starter guide is requested to install CWS12X P&E USB2.0 Service Pack. But after many research I didn't find anything about it on the Internet.

How can I solve my problem ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

I ever got feedback fro HW team regarding to this board:
"

There is a known problem with this board. The OSBDM gets damaged due to ESD and it is not possible to use the board with the USB. The ctm can check this easily by putting the finger on the S12UF32 micro for osbdm while USB cable is connected and if it's hot then the micro is damaged. The best workaround is to use external power supply and Multilink BDM (or any other BDM programmer).

"

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

I ever got feedback fro HW team regarding to this board:
"

There is a known problem with this board. The OSBDM gets damaged due to ESD and it is not possible to use the board with the USB. The ctm can check this easily by putting the finger on the S12UF32 micro for osbdm while USB cable is connected and if it's hot then the micro is damaged. The best workaround is to use external power supply and Multilink BDM (or any other BDM programmer).

"

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

lucpronier
Contributor I

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Have a good day,

Luc PRONIER

0 Kudos