Currently, I am working on 56F84789 DSC, I am new to this embedded programming. Please guide at least to start initialization and writing code with LED blinking on the demo board. that is enough for me to continue on the same. Please reply with valuable a

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently, I am working on 56F84789 DSC, I am new to this embedded programming. Please guide at least to start initialization and writing code with LED blinking on the demo board. that is enough for me to continue on the same. Please reply with valuable a

Jump to solution
sandeepn
Contributor II

Currently, I am working on 56F84789 DSC and codewarrior v10.6. I am new to this embedded programming. Please guide at east to start initialization and writing code with LED blinking on the demo board.

Please reply with valuable answer.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sandeep

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

To create a new project in CodeWarrior v10.6, user just need to click on <File> menu->New->Bareboard project, and choose your MCU type, language, emulator etc.  CodeWarrior will generate a template, including the necessary target settings, startup files, vector table, linker command file and libraries.

I attached the example project for the 1st green led blinking on the TWR-56F8400 board. I created this project from <File> menu->New->56F84789 project, and enabled Processor Expert.

Then added the LED component and TimerInt component into the project, and in the timer ISR function named TI1_OnInterrupt(), calls the LED function LED1_Toggle() to blinking the led.

In addition, please disable the watchdog in CPU component. By default, it is enabled.

PE.png

We also have example projects for MC56F84789 under CodeWarrior folder:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\DSC\TWR-56F8400

These projects are developed with Processor Experts.

The help documents are also delivered together with CodeWarrior, user can find them under:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help

Hope it helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sandeep

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

To create a new project in CodeWarrior v10.6, user just need to click on <File> menu->New->Bareboard project, and choose your MCU type, language, emulator etc.  CodeWarrior will generate a template, including the necessary target settings, startup files, vector table, linker command file and libraries.

I attached the example project for the 1st green led blinking on the TWR-56F8400 board. I created this project from <File> menu->New->56F84789 project, and enabled Processor Expert.

Then added the LED component and TimerInt component into the project, and in the timer ISR function named TI1_OnInterrupt(), calls the LED function LED1_Toggle() to blinking the led.

In addition, please disable the watchdog in CPU component. By default, it is enabled.

PE.png

We also have example projects for MC56F84789 under CodeWarrior folder:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\DSC\TWR-56F8400

These projects are developed with Processor Experts.

The help documents are also delivered together with CodeWarrior, user can find them under:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help

Hope it helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ethanxiang
Contributor I

Hi, Fiona,

I'm using a MC56F8365 chip. In your reply, there is nothing about bootloader. Is it because the board you are using is a special one ?

We are using a board designed by ourselves, do you think it is a must for us to have bootloader ? It will be great if there is a way to write into the board directly.

BR.

Xiang

0 Kudos