Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new CW project for TWR-Wifi-AR4100P

Jump to solution
amleng
Contributor IV

Hello Community,

Right now, I'm working on a wifi project. I use MQX 4.0.2 and installed Patch for TWR-WIFI-AR4100P. I run some demos in "atheros_wifi" folder and they work well. As I understand, all the original demo projects are linked to the wifi library files and use the functions in those files but if I create my own MQX project in CW it doesn't link to those wifi library. I tried to copy the compiler and assembler input from the demo project to my project but still I get some errors. I tried to copy one of the demos in another location and customized it but that causes the link broken to the wifi library!  So my question is how can I create a project and link to the wifi library?

The MQX tools (plugin) doesn't work with any of the demo projects.

I import web_hvac demo by drag and drop “.project” file of the project in CW 10.5 projects window and built it. Do I need to try another import approach? I appreciare you feedback.

Cheers!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
amleng
Contributor IV

Hello Jorge,

The way I solved this issue is easy but time consuming. Basically I created a new project using New MQX project Wizard. In the wizard I added rtcs library by right click on source folder and click on "add file". After that I added all AR4100-wifi library files from Qualcomm. The library is huge but after adding all files the project up and running. right now, I am able to debug the code and use MQX tool for task monitoring in my project.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
amleng
Contributor IV

Hello Jorge,

The way I solved this issue is easy but time consuming. Basically I created a new project using New MQX project Wizard. In the wizard I added rtcs library by right click on source folder and click on "add file". After that I added all AR4100-wifi library files from Qualcomm. The library is huge but after adding all files the project up and running. right now, I am able to debug the code and use MQX tool for task monitoring in my project.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

As far as I know there are no wifi libraries (or you mean the atheros source/header files?). The code for the TWR-WIFI is merged with the default MQX libraries.

So, to use that code you just need to include the required libraries for your new project. If you open the web_hvac demo from the atheros_wifi folder, you can see the linked libraries by going to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings. In the next 2 example pictures you can see the settings for the TWR-K60D100 project:

1- If using Freescale build tools you would see this:

Libraries_FSL.png

2- If using GCC build tools:

Libraries_GCC.png

Hope this is useful!

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos