Component BitsIO Safe Mode: not supported after last upgrade?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Component BitsIO Safe Mode: not supported after last upgrade?

跳至解决方案
599 次查看
f_m
Contributor I

Hello everyone.

I can't understand what's going on with my Codewarrior project.

I wrote, build, and debugged a project, using my Freedom Freescale Board FRDM-KL25Z, on Codewarrior 10.3 Beta, and everything worked fine.

Then, i downloaded Codewarrior 10.3, uninstalled the beta version, installed the non-beta one, imported the project and tried to build it, finding out that it has an error: the component called BitsIO, which i used, build and tested without any issue, has its "Safe Mode" property flagged red saying that it's "Not Supported".

I googled a bit but I couldn't find anything about that, so I am there asking for your help.

Any ideas on how to solve that problem, other than using multiple BitIO components (i would like to avoid that)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
399 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you switching back and forward between input and output mode?

If not, then you simply could use either input or output direction.

Or are you saying that your software does not work any more if you change the 'safe mode' to 'no'?

Typically this setting is important e.g. if you write a value to a port pin, then switch to input mode and you expect to read-in that value again with the input mode pin.

Typically I have that 'safe mode' switched off as I do not need it, and as it is adding additional overhead with saving the register values which (at least in my applications) is not necessary.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
2 回复数
400 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you switching back and forward between input and output mode?

If not, then you simply could use either input or output direction.

Or are you saying that your software does not work any more if you change the 'safe mode' to 'no'?

Typically this setting is important e.g. if you write a value to a port pin, then switch to input mode and you expect to read-in that value again with the input mode pin.

Typically I have that 'safe mode' switched off as I do not need it, and as it is adding additional overhead with saving the register values which (at least in my applications) is not necessary.

0 项奖励
399 次查看
f_m
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was talking about the high level component: the problem resided in the inherited component.

Now I have solved that: I forgot about the "Exper"t visibility, and hence I couldn't find how to change the Safe Mode to no, then I started panicking because I was in a hurry to finish the program.

Thank you again.

0 项奖励