cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior too slow to use on Win 7 64 bit - Kinetis, CW 10.1, Win7

HummingbirdElec
Contributor I

Hi

We have 2 developers using CW 10.1.  One is using a Win 7 32 bit machine and the other a Win7 64 bit machine.  Both have permanent professional licenses located on their c: drives.

The 32 bit machine compliles a Kinetis project in around 15 seconds and downloads it using a Multilink Universal in around 10 seconds.  The 64 bit machine takes around 15 minutes to compile and download the same project.

The project is located on a network drive that both pc's can access (obviously not at the same time).

Any ideas?

Thanks, Norman

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

tftu
Contributor III

Hi! All,

I meet the exact same situation, debug download from codewarrior in my win7 64bit to the K60 tower is too slow, any solution? Thanks!

-tftu

0 Kudos

HummingbirdElec
Contributor I

We found that speeding up file access on our server made a massive difference, so it is certainly network related.  CW10 is still extremely slow compared to CW6.3, but at least it is now usable.  It is particularly irritating that it seems to re-build a project each time you re-enter the debugger even if no changes have been made to the project.  This would be ok if it weren't so slooooooowwwww to build.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

consider to switch off 'build-before-launch': Speeding up the Debug Launch in CodeWarrior | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

kkuhlman
Contributor I

Hi Norman,

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the exact same issue.  Must be a setting in Windows 7 that can be changed?

Thanks,

--Kurt

0 Kudos

Schwac
Contributor II

I develop Coldfire projects locally on a 32 bit xp and 64 bit W7 machines and they are about the same. I'm guessing it's related to the network for some reason...?

0 Kudos