Codewarrior 10.x how to expand several structures at once

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 10.x how to expand several structures at once

nmay
Contributor III

I have an array of 100 structures and when I view the array in the Variables window, all the structures are collapsed.  I have to click on each one to expand it.  Is there a way to expand all the structures at the same time?  It is really cumbersome to expand all these items!  I did notice that this was the same issue discussed for an earlier version of CW.

I've also noticed that with CodeWarrior 10.3, if when I have the array of 100 structures open (they don't all fit on one screen) and they are selected (with select all).  When I right click with the mouse to view them as decimal, only some of them change.  Some of the variables on pages I cannot see are still the old display type.

--Norm

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

evgenik
Contributor IV

Hi Norm.

Go to Project->Properties->C/C++ General->Configure Workspace Settings (link at the right up window corner).

In the Preferences window->C/C++->Editor->Folding. Check here all options that are you want to use.

May be this will help you.

Best Regards.

Evgeni

0 Kudos

nmay
Contributor III

Any one know how to open an array of 100 structures quickly in CodeWarrior?  Maybe if there isn't a button to do this, is there any macro recording capability?  Guess I could get a keyboard that records macros, but I'd rather have the macro built into the tools...  8-<

0 Kudos

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Norm, was this helpful? Please keep us posted! :smileywink:

Best Regards!

Monica

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like this is a long outstanding wish for Eclipse:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=129787

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=129787

The concern above is that 'expand all' is not possible because of potentially recursive structs. But it would be feasible to expand all structs just one level.

So bottom line: this has not been implemented (yet?) in Eclipse.

But it should be possible to write a script using the command line debugger (menu Window > Show View > Debug > Debugger Shell)

0 Kudos

nmay
Contributor III

I took a quick look at how to use the debugger shell and I didn't see how a script would expand structures in the debugger GUI where the local variables are shown for the running program.  Are there examples of code that does something like this around?

0 Kudos