cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v10.2(Special Edition) PA RTOS debug error

Jump to solution
Sendzimir
Contributor I

MQX 3.8 debug on tower system board, HyperTerminal no output.

Problem one:

View the document "CW for Microcontroller v10.x and MQX", as shown below:

2109_2109.JPG手册中.JPG

Then I connected the tower system, automatically install the driver, as shown below:

2111_2111.JPG未命名.JPG

Why the document automatically install the driver for PEMicro USB Serial Port, and in Jungo directory. But I connect tower system automatically installed drivers for OSBDM/OSJTAG - CDC Serial Port.

Then I download a software called "P&E Firmware Updater", as shown below:

2112_2112.JPGPE Firmware Update.JPG

Device Manager shown “PEMicro USB Serial Port” and “Open Source BDM - Debug Port”. How can I get the drive back to "OSBDM/OSJTAG - CDC Serial Port"?

Problem two:

When I start debug the MQX 3.8 example project “Hello World” using CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v10.2(Special Edition), there is an error, as shown below - "Unable to use the plug-in "PA RTOS debugger". No valid license key was found."

2114_2114.JPG未命名1.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tom_thompson
Contributor III

For the first problem: The firmware update has confused Windows as to the driver to use. Try this:

1) Unplug the USB cable from the tower board.

2) Go to the Device Manager and remove the OSBDM drivers and the CDC driver.

3) Plug the USB cable back in.

4) Windows should state that new hardware is recognized and asks to install the driver.

5) Do not let it search the internet, but do let it search your system for the drivers.

This should get the correct drivers installed.

For the second problem: that is a licensing error. I don't believe the Special Edition of CodeWarrior provides RTOS support, or you may have exceeded a code size limit.

---Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tom_thompson
Contributor III

For the first problem: The firmware update has confused Windows as to the driver to use. Try this:

1) Unplug the USB cable from the tower board.

2) Go to the Device Manager and remove the OSBDM drivers and the CDC driver.

3) Plug the USB cable back in.

4) Windows should state that new hardware is recognized and asks to install the driver.

5) Do not let it search the internet, but do let it search your system for the drivers.

This should get the correct drivers installed.

For the second problem: that is a licensing error. I don't believe the Special Edition of CodeWarrior provides RTOS support, or you may have exceeded a code size limit.

---Tom

0 Kudos