CodeWarrior for MCU + Coldfire + EWL library (Project Properties)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior for MCU + Coldfire + EWL library (Project Properties)

ssinfod
Contributor IV

I'm using a project in CodeWarrior for MCU 10.5.

This project is using the ColdFire M52233 and also uTasker RTOS.

This project doesn't have the EWL library and I want to add it in my project so I have the C standard library with stdio.h (printf, scanf) and also stdint.h, stdbool.h and math.h (ex: cos/sin).

As a model, I created a M52233DEMO demo project in CodeWarrior 10.2 with the Bareboard project Wizard and the "Coldfire Vx Evaluation Boards". Now, I can see all the Projects settings to use the EWL library. I tested my Bareboard project and printf and math (sin/cos) is working fine.

Now, I'm editing the Project Settings of my other project with uTasker and it does not seems to be able to add the "Includes" folder to see all C standard library headers.

Here are my question:

Q1) Do you have to drag/drop all my "Includes" folder from the Windows Explorer to the CodeWarrior (Eclipse) Projects Panel ? I'm asking this question because I see a "Includes" folder in my M52233DEMO demo which is not present in the other project (even after changing the Project Properties). How do we create a "Includes" folder in the project ?

142341_142341.pngCW-includes.png

Q2) What path/folders do I have to add in my project if I want the EWL (C standard libary) ?

Where do I have to add these path/folders ?

For now, I added these folders in the "Project Properties", "C/C++ Build, Settings", "ColdFire Compiler", "Input" and also in "Project Properties", "C/C++ General", "Paths and Symbols". "C Source File".

Thanks for your support,

Greetings,

ssinfod

Labels (1)
6 Replies

ssinfod
Contributor IV

I found Freescale AN4104 which answers most of my questions.  (see attached file)

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ssifod,

Could you please clatify what you mean when you say that "This project doesn't have the EWL library and I want to add it in my project"?

All projects in CW include EWL.

Carlos

0 Kudos

ssinfod
Contributor IV

I mean that the uTasker RTOS demo project (for the coldfire M52233) did not use or include the EWL library.

I'm looking for the specific settings to add the EWL library to this project.

Also, for some reason, I can't seem to be able to add the "Includes" folder like in my picture.

How is this "Includes" folder created in CodeWarrior 10.5 ? (From which Menu ?)

Thanks for your support.

Greetings,

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can create a new bareboard project using the wizard. Then go to menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings and in Compiler paths and Linker paths check the EWL paths that you are missing and add them to your project.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ssinfod
Contributor IV

This is what I did but I don't see the "Includes" folder in the project explorer (like in my screenshot .. with a green circle).

When or How is this "Includes" folder created in CodeWarrior ?

I added the settings in the "Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings" but I still don't see this "Includes" folder...

In fact, maybe this "Includes" is not needed... 

I will review all the settings from the bareboard project and hopefully it will work.

Thanks for your answer.

ssinfod

0 Kudos

ssinfod
Contributor IV

Any help ? How can I add an "Includes" folder like shown in my attached image ?

Do I have to use a specific menu or drag/drop ?

Thanks

0 Kudos