CodeWarrior V11.1 Linker is running extremely slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior V11.1 Linker is running extremely slow

rppolicy
Contributor II

I have just recently installed the evaluation version of CodeWarrior version 11.1, and was able to get some test projects up and running fairly "quickly".  The issue I'm having is the Linker for S08 is EXTREMELY SLOW!!!   The processor expert and compiler are fast, but when it is time to link a project it takes greater than 5 minutes.

I evaluated a Kinetis K10 project in CW11.1, and it seems to be OK.  It is just the S08 Linker.

Does anyone know why it is running so slow, and how to fix it?  Please Help!

Regards,

Rick

0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That's certainly not normal. Does it happen for a minimal project too, or is is it specific to your project?

What could cause delays are

- slow licensing checks (but probably not in your case, as the compiler is fast)

- using file locations with high latency (slow network drives or similar, or having a path (e.g. for a library) which is not accessible

- firewalls or virus scanners

It might be interesting if any linker operation in interactive mode (launch the linker executable in the prog directory from the Explorer) is slow too. Check if the 'get license info' in the about box is slow too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

rppolicy
Contributor II

Thanks Erich,

The issue happens on a minimal project as well.  If it helps any, we have a license for CW 10.2, and it also runs slow on S08 parts.  It's just no where near as slow as 11.1. 

The entire project is located on my local C drive, so I don't have network latency issues.

I don't see a "get license info".  It used to be under the Help menu in version 10.2.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rick,

launch the CW MCU v11.1\MCU\prog\linker.exe.

Then Help > About menu, where there is the 'Extendeded Information' button which gives information about the licensing:

pastedImage_1.png

Pressing that button and getting the information should be very fast. If not, the licensing is slowing down things.

Or use the -LicA option:

pastedImage_2.png

It basically tries an existing c:\flexlm\license.dat (if you have one: rename/remove that file to see if it has an impact).

Otherwise it tries the license.dat present in the installation folder (rename that one too to see if this has an impact).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos