CodeWarrior V11.1, Hiwave.exe was not found!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior V11.1, Hiwave.exe was not found!

lelam
Contributor II

Hi guys,

We developing S08 family. We have 2 problems during production, please help us clear it.
1. Is there a way we can flash program without a project code,  just need to send the image file .abs, hex and Mutilink Universal FX or USBDM kit production department.
Is it possible to use Hiwave.exe, right? but we using CodeWarrior V11.1, and we don't find it ..maybe it's only in < V6.3

2. We want to lock the image file from our product (copy protection program), can we do it?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
5 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

1) how to flash in standalone mode: Standalone Flash Programmer | MCU on Eclipse 

Or you can use the IDE in scripting mode, see Programming Kinetis with CodeWarrior from the DOS Shell | MCU on Eclipse 

2) Yes, check your device manual about flash protection and read out protection. See for some information about this: Preventing Reverse Engineering: Enabling Flash Security | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

lelam
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you, it helped me a lot.
1. Flash File to the Target is a good choice for me now
2. Yes, in CW, I have Enable Security Flash
In another your topic about it: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/11/04/how-not-to-secure-my-microcontroller/
Are there any note I should pay attention to when using it? I use MC9S08PT
Thank you very much!

Flash Security.PNG

22.PNG

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

other than that, search for applicable application notes (your search engine is your friend here). For example the attached one.

Erich

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

hiwave.exe is only for CW classic. 

I suggest to check the following link: 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/60277 

I hope this helps, have a nice day!

lelam
Contributor II

Hi,

Yes, I am referencing it. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos