CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Downloading code to Axiom CMEB32 HC912B32

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 8- & 16-bit tools: Downloading code to Axiom CMEB32 HC912B32

marc_paquette
Contributor V
To help you find solutions to problems that have already been solved, we have posted this message. It contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message.

Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 10:10 PM   

I'm having trouble with dowloading my progam code into my Axiom CMEB32 Evaluation board with the HC912B32 microcontroller.

I create new project with the wizard choosing the HC912B32 as my microcontroller, and pres F5 to debug it and open the simulator. All is fine, the simulator opens the program and it works.

The problem occurs when I try to download the code into the board itself. When I change the Target to be Debug-12, I have to recompile the code in Metrowerks, and then restart the simulator. At this point, with the new Target board enabled, it fails, because I get an error message from The ELF loader telling me that it couldn't write 8000...8200.

I am assuming that it tried to write program code to the Flash memory which is a no no because on my board Flash is from 8000 to FFFF. RAM is from 1000 to 7FFF. I tried changing the memory map in the Simulator, to reflect that my RAM is different. Still it didn't work.

I know I am connected to the board, because I can type PT RD (Pass through Debug 12 command) and see the register displayed in the command window.

Any ideas what I m doing wrong?

Thanks!
Nick

Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 06:11 PM   

Hi,

The D-Bug12 interface within HI-WAVE debugger does not support flash programming. You cannot load an application in flash from the debugger using this connection.

In order to program the flash you can use hyper terminal and the command provided by the D-Bug12 monitor.

Please refer to your hardware manual for information on the available commands.

Ron

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies