CodeWarrior 10.5 Special Edition limits Codesize at 256kbytes (Qorivva MPC5643L) instead of 512kbytes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 10.5 Special Edition limits Codesize at 256kbytes (Qorivva MPC5643L) instead of 512kbytes

Jump to solution
d_h_
Contributor I

I'm stuck at a strange errors if my *elf-file reaches the limit of 256 000 byte.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Project with a resulting elf-file of 256.000+ byte size.

2. Set a Breakpoint at the default ISR-Handler for External Interrupt Sources "void INTC_INTCInterruptHandler(void)"

3. Start the Debug Session (to RAM)

4. Resume (do not use Breakpoints except the default one at "main()")

5. Execution is paused at External Interrupt for no reason

I removed some lines of code (just internal functions without effects on any interrupts or hardware) to be below the code size "limit" and no problemes (normal program flow, no unexpected interrupts)

Using MPC5643L with a XPC56XL and XPC56XX Motherboard

The Flasher is a USB Qorivva Multilink PPCNexus

I have another Board (a TRK-USB-MPC5643L) with the same result

Changing the Optimization is a temporary solution for now.

Does anyone has the same problem or a solution/hint?

Best Regards,

D.H.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello D.H.

I suspect this issue is related rather to the fact you are placing your pretty big elf file into the limited internal SRAM rather then a licensing issue. You may e.g. overlap a code section with stack area.

Do you get any linker warnings after build?

In case of licensing issue you would get a licensing error message which completely prevent you from debugging.

Can you perhaps try to build the Flash build configuration and debug your code in FLASH?

Regards

Stanislav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello D.H.

I suspect this issue is related rather to the fact you are placing your pretty big elf file into the limited internal SRAM rather then a licensing issue. You may e.g. overlap a code section with stack area.

Do you get any linker warnings after build?

In case of licensing issue you would get a licensing error message which completely prevent you from debugging.

Can you perhaps try to build the Flash build configuration and debug your code in FLASH?

Regards

Stanislav

0 Kudos