cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open files of type .inc

Jump to solution
lowpy
Contributor I

I am using CodeWarrior 10.5 and trying to set-up a TRK-MPC5606B board to run the LED example that comes with the training material.

When building the example project (in RAM configuration) the following error comes-up: Cannot open file crt0_include.inc although the file exists and is located at the same path as the other project files. If building in FLASH configuration there is no compile error but the debug process fails with an error: Failed to resume target process.

It looks like *.inc files are not checked during the build process as in the project files view only .c and .h files have a check mark on the Build column. I looked around the project settings for a way to add .inc files to the list of files to be used while building but with not success.

I'm sure there must be a quick solution for this problem but it eludes me. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello lowpy

Please compare the "User Path" settings for assembler of your ’FLASH‘ and ‘RAM’ build target. It seems that you did not add the search path where "crt0_include.inc" locates in ‘RAM’ build target.

To find it, please click on <Project> Menu->Properties, or put your mouse in Project View, and choose <Properties> in right-click submenu.

Then go to "C/C++ Build" -> Settings panel, under 'Tool Settings' tab, select "PowerPC Assembler -> Input".   Please add the path where "crt0_include.inc" locates under "User Path" on the left panel.

User path.png

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello lowpy

Please compare the "User Path" settings for assembler of your ’FLASH‘ and ‘RAM’ build target. It seems that you did not add the search path where "crt0_include.inc" locates in ‘RAM’ build target.

To find it, please click on <Project> Menu->Properties, or put your mouse in Project View, and choose <Properties> in right-click submenu.

Then go to "C/C++ Build" -> Settings panel, under 'Tool Settings' tab, select "PowerPC Assembler -> Input".   Please add the path where "crt0_include.inc" locates under "User Path" on the left panel.

User path.png

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

lowpy
Contributor I

After further digging around I managed to find the problem and the solution:

It seems that CW cannot distinguish between MPC560xB and MPC560xBK and wants to use the same flashing algorithm (the one for MPC5606xB ) for both, which is wrong. The micro on the  TRK-5606xB rev.D seems to be the MPC5606BK which needs a different flashing algorithm. A more detailed explanation of the problem and solution can be found here: Error message: flash programming error when programming MPC560xBK (TRK-MPC5606B) in CodeWarrior for ...

0 Kudos
lowpy
Contributor I

Hello again Fiona,

I searched around the forum a bit and found that this error can mean that either there is something wrong with the OSJTAG connection, either the target device is not the expected one.
So here is some additional info that I thought might help identifying the problem:

- checked Device Manager and the PE Micro  driver seems to be installed and without problems. Driver date: 12/12/2011, Driver version: 1.2.3.0

- managed to grab a print screen of the console (for some reason it is cleared immediately when the  error message appears and I missed some messages):

console.jpg

- found a thread which is dedicated to the same problem I have:Error: Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target... in which you responded. My target and debug configurations are as described in this thread with only one exception, the "Target communication speed" field. I do not have multiple options in the "Debug Shift Freq field". I have tried to change the "delay after reset" settings as in the other thread but the result was the same.

debug_config.jpg

- the target is set to MPC5606B and this the the micro on my kit board.

- the board image posted by you in the other thread has the exact same jumper settings as mine

- when I first connected my board and tried debugging, CW asked for a firmware update which I did successfully.

Could this problem be caused by a faulty board? It was bought at the end of last year, so there were no other users that might have damaged it.

I hope this information can lead to the problem and of course to the solution. If I missed something relevant please tell me and I will provide the info.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
lowpy
Contributor I

Hello Fiona,

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion was indeed the solution for the non-compiling project.

I was expecting that an example/tutorial project to be working right out of the box so I did not check for missing include paths.

Unfortunately, the target debugging process is still failing also for the RAM build configuration. I am getting the same message for both FLASH and RAM:

target_error.jpg

I can see from the information displayed in the console and status bar that the connection between the target and PC is ok and that downloading is successful. However, when trying to launch the app. I tried different target power supply settings (USB and external supply) but with the same result. What else could be wrong or what is missing for making it run? I am new to the Eclipse-based CodeWarrior so I might be missing some project settings.

Thanks again for your support.

0 Kudos