Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import KwikStik MQX demo into CW 10.3

Jump to solution
anguel
Contributor V

Hi!

I try to import the KwikStik MQX demo project into my CW 10.3 workspace but get "Error processing changed links in project description file" (see screenshot).

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks,

Anguel

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Anguel,

I ever worked with the KWIKSTIKDEMOSWLAB with MQX3.7/MQX3.8 with Cw10.1 and CW10.2, they all work well. but it can't work with CW10.3/CW10.4 only my side. i also tried with MQX4.0. can;t either.

so i use another Kwikstik demo code with CW10.3. it doesn't use MQX but processor expert. personally I think this one is more convenient for user to understand. You can check it if you have interest. see attached Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Anguel,

I ever worked with the KWIKSTIKDEMOSWLAB with MQX3.7/MQX3.8 with Cw10.1 and CW10.2, they all work well. but it can't work with CW10.3/CW10.4 only my side. i also tried with MQX4.0. can;t either.

so i use another Kwikstik demo code with CW10.3. it doesn't use MQX but processor expert. personally I think this one is more convenient for user to understand. You can check it if you have interest. see attached Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
anguel
Contributor V

Jun,

Thank you for the code, I will have a look at it. It seems to me that Freescale is now completely abandoning its MQX RTOS and moving to Processor Expert. Unfortunately, PEx is not a replacement for an RTOS.

Regards,

Anguel

0 Kudos
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Anguel

My perception is that Freescale is not abandoning MQX, but is moving to a more object oriented development system where MQX is a component like many other components of Processor Expert.

This is in fact a good thing. It means that the code base can independent of the basic functionality because MQX is a component, as is freeRTOS, and probably others in the future. Another way to look at this is PE provides the methods to work with the hardware modules for a given silicon. Not all projects require an RTOS system, but all projects require access to some number of the embedded modules, such as timers, A/D, GPIO, Flash, and the multitude of other peripherals that surround an embedded core. PE components are the glue that combines these modules as components, either through an RTOS or not. This seems to me to be a better design practice than forcing the designing around the RTOS and then adding in the other functionality anew each time a different group or project appears.

What we are seeing are short term difficulties to achieve a long term strategy that closer parallels the way the rest of the computer industry went about 2 decades ago.

Robert

anguel
Contributor V

Robert,

You are right, this is the way to go. I only hope that Freescale is listening and will finally present a robust development concept that can be used out of the box. At the moment things look more like a patchwork that confuses designers what to start with. I prefer to have one option that works and comes with working examples instead of having multiple options that do not work or don't have examples to start with. Another problem is CodeWarrior that also changes constantly; compatibility with existing examples is not guaranteed. There are simply too many question marks for a developer at the moment and there is no clear development path to follow that guarantees us to be able to get things done.

Anguel

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

thanks for your discussion and comment on this. i will feedback it to MQX team.

0 Kudos
anguel
Contributor V

Jun Zhang wrote:

thanks for your discussion and comment on this. i will feedback it to MQX team.

Please also feedback to hire some low-cost students to at least test if the demos of your development kits run with the new versions of your software instead of wasting your customer's time and money to find out such things.

If we at least know that something does not work then we won't spend days or weeks to look for the problems in our setup. It is nice for marketing to tell the customers that everything is perfect but is very annoying for the customers to find out that 90% of the things actually don't work properly.

mariospelekis
Contributor III

I would say that you are wrong man.Its not 90% that dont work properly but 99%.Nowadays i have bought Kwikstick and TWR-K60D100M and both of the Demo lads that i tried to import-compile according to the PDFs dont work at all.Its not only that you have to waste 2 days to find out how you will finally combine the right MQX version to your project but in addition to this while i import the "ksplayer" files that i download from the site in order to run the Kwikstik board...QUESS...DIDN'T WORK AT ALL cause in many ".c" files there is a variable named "pointer' that is tottally undeclared in the whole project.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

no, Freescale is still for MQX. only this specific sample code has compatibility issue with the new version.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello anguel,

what I missed to mention previously, the kwikstick is still supported in MQX. Install newest MQX and run examples for the kwikstick.

By the way, there's also MQX demo with TSS (Touch Sensing Software) on kwikstick which is part of TSS examples.

Regards,

c0170

0 Kudos
MarcinG
Contributor III

Hi Anguel,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem. Which version of MQX do you use? Have you tried any other example project? If yes, is the result the same?

One thing which comes to my mind is that your project files (maybe whole MQX tree) are read-only.

Best Regards,

Marcin

0 Kudos
anguel
Contributor V

Marcin,

Thank you for the reply. I am using the latest MQX 4 with latest CW 10.3. Other projects are imported ok. I checked for write protection but there is none on the MQX tree.

Anguel

0 Kudos
MarcinG
Contributor III

It seems that the demo project was corrupted somehow.

You can reinstall MQX or just create a demo project using New Project Wizard for MQX 4.0 (File->New->MQX 4.0 Project menu) - When Selecting application type and template choose "Example application" and from the tree "Basic examples->Demo". This procedure will create a new project in your workspace with the source files copied from the demo application directory.

Best Regards,

Marcin

0 Kudos
anguel
Contributor V

The qwikstik demo lab project is a separate download, it uses mqx but is not part of it. See kwikstikdemoswlab here Ultra low-cost development tool for Kinetis MCUs Product Summary Page

This demo lab project is the problem.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello anguel,

I am not able to open that project in CW 10.3, I was able though in CW 10.1. This is old project based on MQX 3.7. Unfortunately, I can't say why it does not want to open. My assumption is that this demo was created by somebody outside of our team.

This is CW related problem, if you still having problems to run this example in CW10.3 , please ask for help in the CW section here on community. I can move this thread there or just add link if you get an answer. Thanks!

Regards,

c0170

0 Kudos
anguel
Contributor V

Martin,

Thank you for the reply. Please move the thread if required. Freescale ships this demo with the Kwikstik so it should work. I understand that an external company has done the board but this is not an excuse - they must make their things work if they get paid for that. I think this board is very nice but there is very little support and then there were all the board layout problems...

Anguel

0 Kudos
xing_ch
Contributor II

I also like this board,but Freescale doesn't seem to like it.Poor support!

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello xing chang,

please provide more details about your allegations ! Are you having problems with MQX and kwikstick?

Regards,

c1070

0 Kudos
xing_ch
Contributor II

kwikstik ‘s demo cann't run on mqx 4.0

0 Kudos