Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Processor Expert or Dev Init tools to work in CW10.0

Jump to solution
statrix
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to use Processor Expert or Device Initialization tools in CW10.0.

Target systems tested separately:

HCS08 in Simulation Mode.

MCF52233DEMO board.

System: Windows XP SP3.

It's kind of strange what's happening. It' seems that PE service can't be loaded in  my PC.

I read PE requirements and installed MSXML 4.0 SP3 and MSXML 6.0, just in case.

Find attached the error message, and PE views windows status, also the Preferences menu that the error sugests. 

PEsrv.exe file exists. It's just a new CW10 installation.

Also, this is PEEclServiceCFG file content:

<!-- 

[PE_Eclipse_Server_Startup_Service]

PE_Eclipse_Server_Startup_Service_Port=9999
;PE_Eclipse_Server_Dir=
PE_Eclipse_Server_Executable=PEsrv.exe
PE_Eclipse_Server_Start_Param=-server -bind 0.0.0.0
PE_Eclipse_Server_Stop_Param=-shutdown
[_end_]

-->

I've search the forums or the internet but haven't found references to this error.

I can debug the 52233DEMO board without any problems. 

Thank you in advance for any suggestion or advice!.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
statrix
Contributor II

Hello Vojtech,

Thanks for your response.  This is what i did & the results I've got..

To recall your suggestions:

1. done. This is the output: 

<!--

C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>service_uninstall

C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>rem unistallProcessor Expert service
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>rem "PE Eclipse Server Starter Service"
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>rem For XP the only way how to get info that  service is NOT installed - from the text error mesasge. So parse it.
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>net stop "PEEclipseServerStarterService"   2>&1  | FIND /C "1060"1
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :noerror
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto :end

-->

2. Checked. it already was like you wrote.

3. Done. I port forwarded  9999 in my router. 

(4) . I changed 9999 to 9998 at the ini file & saved.

As the error continued after restarting CW, I tryied running the PEsrv.exe file using the MS-DOS cmd console and hitting "Try again" when the error window appeared... finally i got PE up & working!!

The fact is that i have to do it that way each time I reload CW now. 

If you have an idea of what could be avoiding CW (or PE plugin) to run the service before trying to connect, just

let me know an i'll try it... if not, i´ve already done a direct access in the desktop. :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you again for your time and help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have just installed CW 10.0 (Build: 100621) and I have not encountered such problems. Therefore could you please check the following:

1.    On XP machine DO NOT USE the PE service. Run MCU\ProcessorExpert\service_uninstall.bat
2.    Settings of the Eclipse must be “Use local server” and port 9999
3.    Make sure that firewall is turned off or there is exception for PEsrv.exe that it can accept connections to port 9999

Note: in the PEEclServiceCFG.ini the port must be 9998 – see the difference of last digit.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
statrix
Contributor II

Hello Vojtech,

Thanks for your response.  This is what i did & the results I've got..

To recall your suggestions:

1. done. This is the output: 

<!--

C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>service_uninstall

C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>rem unistallProcessor Expert service
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>rem "PE Eclipse Server Starter Service"
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>rem For XP the only way how to get info that  service is NOT installed - from the text error mesasge. So parse it.
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>net stop "PEEclipseServerStarterService"   2>&1  | FIND /C "1060"1
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto :noerror
C:\Archivos de programa\Freescale\CW MCU v10.0\MCU\ProcessorExpert>if ERRORLEVEL 0 goto :end

-->

2. Checked. it already was like you wrote.

3. Done. I port forwarded  9999 in my router. 

(4) . I changed 9999 to 9998 at the ini file & saved.

As the error continued after restarting CW, I tryied running the PEsrv.exe file using the MS-DOS cmd console and hitting "Try again" when the error window appeared... finally i got PE up & working!!

The fact is that i have to do it that way each time I reload CW now. 

If you have an idea of what could be avoiding CW (or PE plugin) to run the service before trying to connect, just

let me know an i'll try it... if not, i´ve already done a direct access in the desktop. :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you again for your time and help!

0 Kudos