Can I use MPC560xB's sample code in MPC5646B?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use MPC560xB's sample code in MPC5646B?

Jump to solution
weiranhe
Contributor II

Recently, I’m working on an important project research and development about on-board controllers. The project need about 2M FALSH, so I choose freescale's 32-bit microcontrollers MPC5646B,but there is not MPC5646B's sample code, I only have MPC560xB's sample code.Can I use it instead? If I use it,shuold I make a lot of changes?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Weiran He,

It seems you've contacted support team via Service Request - 1-1301104521.

Just for your information, I've captured the answer provided through the SR

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I have downloaded the latest versions of the CodeWarrior “CodeWarrior v10.5 for MCU” in your official website. After installation, I didn’t find the driver example of MPC5646B, only find the wizard of MPC5643L which is about INTERNAL_RAM and INTERNAL_FLASH. Can I use the the wizard of MPC5643L in MPC5646B? If I use it, are there a lot of changes I should make?

[Peter] – Those are 2 different micros. Bolero is aimed for Body segment while Leopard is chasses&safety. Yes, most probably you will need to do a lot of changes as the peripherals are not exactly the same.

In addition, I only found MPC563xM’s the driver example of each module, not MPC5646B. Can I use it to debug each module of MPC5646B?

[Peter] – MPC563xM – Monaco is totally different micro which target segment is Powertrain.

I desperately want to know, does your company have a plan to write driver examples specifically for MPC5646B, if your company can't provide driver examples of MPC5646B in the short term, what should I do?

[Peter] – The drivers are developed in AUTOSAR MCAL package which is provided by Elektrobit or FreescaleThomas.erndl@freescale.com.

It’s too difficult for me to write the driver examples of MPC5646B totally on my own .So I hope you can answer all my questions above timely.

[Peter] – All the drivers are developed for Bolero3M inside AUTOSAR MCAL package. I am afraid that there are no driver examples for Bolero 3M especially as this is covered already by MCAL.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Regards

Pascal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Weiran He,

It seems you've contacted support team via Service Request - 1-1301104521.

Just for your information, I've captured the answer provided through the SR

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I have downloaded the latest versions of the CodeWarrior “CodeWarrior v10.5 for MCU” in your official website. After installation, I didn’t find the driver example of MPC5646B, only find the wizard of MPC5643L which is about INTERNAL_RAM and INTERNAL_FLASH. Can I use the the wizard of MPC5643L in MPC5646B? If I use it, are there a lot of changes I should make?

[Peter] – Those are 2 different micros. Bolero is aimed for Body segment while Leopard is chasses&safety. Yes, most probably you will need to do a lot of changes as the peripherals are not exactly the same.

In addition, I only found MPC563xM’s the driver example of each module, not MPC5646B. Can I use it to debug each module of MPC5646B?

[Peter] – MPC563xM – Monaco is totally different micro which target segment is Powertrain.

I desperately want to know, does your company have a plan to write driver examples specifically for MPC5646B, if your company can't provide driver examples of MPC5646B in the short term, what should I do?

[Peter] – The drivers are developed in AUTOSAR MCAL package which is provided by Elektrobit or FreescaleThomas.erndl@freescale.com.

It’s too difficult for me to write the driver examples of MPC5646B totally on my own .So I hope you can answer all my questions above timely.

[Peter] – All the drivers are developed for Bolero3M inside AUTOSAR MCAL package. I am afraid that there are no driver examples for Bolero 3M especially as this is covered already by MCAL.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear weiran he,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place for better visibility.

For details please see general advice https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99909

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

Regards,

Wlodek_D.

0 Kudos