您的意思是: 
已解决

CW10.3 and Win8: "Error on loading ETM configuration"

跳至解决方案
1,999 次查看
mra59
Contributor II

Hello everybody

I installed the CW10.3 on my new HP notebook equipped with Win8.

I seemed to work properly but, when I try to open the "Debug Configuration" menu, I get a window error showing "Error on loading ETM configuration".

I must press "Enter" 18 times to enter the  "Debug Configuration" menu and it happens again when I try to access the "Trace and Profile" window to check if there has been wrong settings ("Enable Trace and Profile" option in deactivated).

The second problem I'm facing is that I cannot see the hexadecimal format of a variable content when I hover the mouse cursor during debug: I get only the non printable symbol "y" when it's value is different from zero.

I modified the options in "Window\Preferences\C/C++\Debug\Opened view default settings" menu but I couldn't solve my problem.

Regards

Mauro Righetto

标签 (1)
1 解答
1,641 次查看
IonutV_Vicovan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

regarding the first problem:

- is it a newly created project or an imported project ? If is the second case, was it created with an earlier version of CodeWarrior ?

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
10 回复数
1,641 次查看
mra59
Contributor II

Hello Ionut-Valentin

many thanks for your anser: I followed your instructions and now I can open the "Debug Configuration" dialog without errors.

Thanks again.

Any idea about the way to see the decimal format value of the variables hovered by the cursor mouse?

Regards

Mauro Righetto

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
IonutV_Vicovan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mauro,

Eclipse 3.7 (in CodeWarrior 10.3) may have some issues with the hovers.

Probably not what you want, but the first thing that comes to my mind as a workaround is to have the Variables view opened somewhere in a corner of your perspective. Local variables are automatically displayed in the view, while global variables need to be added manually to the view by right click - "Add global variables". Then set the radix by right clicking on the variable and selecting Format.

Best Regards,

Ionut

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
mra59
Contributor II

Hello Ionut-Valentin

the Variable view is perfectly working as expected and I already use it but, I think you can agree, it's very useful to immediatly see the content of a variable just hovering the mouse cursor on.

I'm only asking why it worked properly on CW10.2 and it's not working on CW10.3: I usually  expect that what is working in a revision is also working in the later revisions.

What is your opinion about the malfunction error I get running the CW10.2?

Kind regards

Mauro Righetto

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
IonutV_Vicovan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

related to question 1:

Related to the Hover issue - I don't have an answer (yet). However I can say that the Eclipse version in the product has changed from 3.6 to 3.7 and together with new features there may also be some new bugs. On my windows 7 I have no issue with hovering in 10.3 ...

What hardware platform are you using ?

related to question 2:

CodeWarrior 10.2 is not officially supported on Windows 8.

Please see MCU/Release_notes.pdf:

2.3  Host Operating System Support

o   Microsoft® Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit (Professional Edition)

o   Microsoft Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit (Home Premium Edition and Business Edition)

o   Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (Home Premium Edition and Professional Edition)

o   Red Hat Enterprise Edition 5.4 (32-bit and 64-bit)

o   Ubuntu 10.04 (32-bit and 64-bit)

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
mra59
Contributor II

Hello Ionut-Valentin

the hardware platform I'm using is a new notebook HP ENVY Dv6, equipped with i7 Intel micro and Windows 8 Home Edition.

My fellow that uses quite the same notebook (HP Pavillion dv6 with i3 Intel micro and Win7 Pro) has also installed the CW10.3 and it works properly: the value of the variable hovered with cursor mouse is correctly displayed.

Kind regards

Mauro Righetto

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
IonutV_Vicovan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

By HW platform I meant what is the target you are developing your application on. What targets are you and your friend using?

Will investigate this.

Regards,

Ionut

0 项奖励
1,642 次查看
IonutV_Vicovan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

regarding the first problem:

- is it a newly created project or an imported project ? If is the second case, was it created with an earlier version of CodeWarrior ?

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
mra59
Contributor II

Hello

the project has been developed last year on an other notebook having WinXP and CW10.2.

Some more info to better understand the situation:

1) last year I installed the CW10.2 on a notebook equipped with WinXP and I create a new project using the Processor Expert: it worked properly. Also, without doing nothing during the installation phase of the CW10.2, I found that when I hover toe cursor mouse on a varable I get its value in decimal format.

2) Some days ago I installed the same CW10.2 revision on my new HP notebook (Win8), than I imported the project and I found the Processor Expert was not working: after running the CW the console always show the following message;

reg.getExtensionPoint is empty” No com.freescale.processorexpert.core.PEservice extension found!”.

Thinking the same of your question, I create a new project but the Processor Expert is no more working.

3) So I decided to install the CW10.3: it's working properly but I got the two behaviors I described above.

I should like to know why last year (the first time I used the CW) it all worked properly and now I face these troubles.

Kind regards

Mauro Righetto

0 项奖励
1,641 次查看
IonutV_Vicovan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi again.

related to the ETM settings error, please try the following:

- in your project there is a file with the extension .traceConfig. Delete the file from within Eclipse (NOT explorer)

- open debug configuration settings, clink OK OK ... on the ETM settings error dialog. Then go to the Trace and Profile tab (the last one) and uncheck "Enable Trace and profile" (you will probably need to press OK again a few time to the same error dialog).

- close CodeWarrior and open it again.

- open debug settings - you should not get the ETM settings error anymore.

More, you should be able to go to Trace and profile tab, re-check "Enable Trace and profile" to enable tracing, again without errors.

Then press Close or Debug.

Please tell me if this worked for you.

1,641 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have Win8 too, but do not see your first problem. Maybe a setting is not correct, so it might help if you share your project.

About the second problem: to my knowledge you cannot directly influence the hover formatting in Eclipse. Maybe following articles can help you:

Hovering and Debugging | MCU on Eclipse

Eclipse Debugging with Strings | MCU on Eclipse

0 项奖励