cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.2 erroneous breakponts in debug

Jep
Contributor I

Hello

I use CW 10.2 Build Id:120126 in windows 7 64 and have the following very annoying problem.

In "Debug the Controller" mode the code will stop at random points in the code exactly like they are a breakpoints (but they are not).

To continue I press the "Resume" button and the code continues along fine.

It is a random action and can do it without ANY breakpoints set.

Also I have noticed that whilst debugging using the "Step Into" function the code sometimes jumps to a totally incorrect part of the code.

I know the code is fine as if I unplug the programmer and restart the device it all runs OK or if I use the "Run the Controller" option it all runs fine.

Ive a notion the two problems are related.

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Thank you

Jeff Kopittke

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FridgeFreezer
Senior Contributor I

I see similar behaviour with CW10.2 - it doesn't always erase breakpoints, and then they re-appear at (I guess ) the address they were at before which is now some random place in the code. Often CW will refuse to delete them, I have to clear all.

I find (as with many things in CW10.x) that you need to make sure you save EVERYTHING and hit "build" at least TWICE (yes, really) before it gets it right (and breakpoints may still hang around). Your best bet is to do a "clean" (Project -> Clean...) and build.