Just a heads up - its seems that if you have a brand new chip, CW Eclipse will not connect to it and burn it.
Using a P&E BDM.
I went to XP CW 6.3 and it worked fine. From then on, CW Eclipse worked fine.
I am assuming it was because it was locked.
I know that unlocking a protected device is an issue with OSBDM, but did not had that problem ever with MCU10 and P&E Multilink. Could you provide some information (board/CPU) where you had that problem?
Sorry it took so long to get back.
It was 2 pieces of PCF51JIM128VLH M92K1, that I had gotten as samples some time ago.
Recently the part was out of stock so I dug them up. It was my first time using Eclipse, so I can't say if this would have happened with newer parts I have used.
I have some more of these parts on order - when I get them I will try it out and be more observant.
I was just so happy to get the board working at the time (I wasted the better part of the day wondering what was up) that I may have missed something.
But since CW for MCUs 6.3 burned them, I figured it was a software issue of some kind.
A partner of mine just had a similar problem using a USBDM, and reported that cycling Vcc with reset held down seemed to fix it. Only the fist burn though, from then on no issues.
If you find out the actual cause, please post more information.