cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.3 Compilation Latency on Network drive

philippeborghin
Contributor I

Hello

I have just installed the CW 10.3 on Windows 7 64bits. Works fine execpt the following point which I can not understand perfectly.

When the project (for ex. the attached project) is installed on local drive it is compiles in around 9s...not so fast but ok I can live with that

When same project is installed on my Network drive attached to LAN running at 100Mbps effective troughput is compiled in more than 40s which is just unacceptable in development phase.

I have tried to stop Antivirus, and Firewall -> no change

Is there any configuration I have to do to optimized such bahaviour ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Philippe

Original Attachment has been moved to: TEST_1.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

For ARM gcc, there is a tip available on Reducing the build time with gcc for ARM and CodeWarrior | MCU on Eclipse.

But then I realized that this if for ColdFire and that you do not generate a listing file.

From the past I know that a virus scanner might be impacting file I/O especially over network a lot. Can you try if you see a difference if you temporarily disable the firewall/virus scanner?

0 Kudos

philippeborghin
Contributor I

Thanks Erich for your answer. Unfortunately I have disable all security process (FW, antivirus,...) and dit not see any benefit.

I would imagine it is a bad spliting of the file stored locally and those one related to user data which have to be store on the NAS server.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Philippe,

to bad. Do you have only the project on the NAS, or is your workspace on the NAS too? Eclipse stores information into the .metadata  inside the workspace folder, so this might have an impact.