cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beans built for PE 3.06 on PE 3.07

Jump to solution
McMadtown
Contributor I

I'm starting a new project, so I upgraded to CW 6.3 for Microcontrollers, with PE 3.07. My target is the HCS08JM series, which I've successfully used before.

I'm doing a bit of motor control on my S08, so I downloaded the Algorithms and Control update package, for PE 3.06. There is no PE 3.07 version of these files.

PE successfully updates from the 3.06 package, but even after a right-click -> update in the components library, the new beans do not show up in the components library. The .PEupd files show up in Help->Processor Expert->About PE->Installed Updates.

I tried creating a new project and immediately updating the component library without luck also.

Are the PE3.06  beans compatible with 3.07? Do I need to downgrade my PE or CW? If so, how would I downgrade PE?

Thanks,

Kevin

CW 6.3 on Win7 32b  (running with "disable desktop composition" option)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have not reproduced such behavior. I have installed additional software beans for PE V3.06 into PE V3.07 (CW V6.3) and I have not encountered any problem. Are you sure that you have purchased at least "Standard Suite" license?

For more details about FSL licensing policy please follow this link:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MICROCONTROLLERS&tid=CWH

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I have not reproduced such behavior. I have installed additional software beans for PE V3.06 into PE V3.07 (CW V6.3) and I have not encountered any problem. Are you sure that you have purchased at least "Standard Suite" license?

For more details about FSL licensing policy please follow this link:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MICROCONTROLLERS&tid=CWH

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos