cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i program my nor flash on p2020rdb

xuchen
Contributor II

Thanks for your reading!

i have a p2020rdb,and i use codewariior 10.5.1 IDE's programmer to program the S29GL128P on the bord,blow is my configuration:

149180_149180.pngpastedImage_0.png

when i execute,it appears error like:

149181_149181.pngpastedImage_1.png

i don't why?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xu chen,

I suspect there is problem with target board initialization, P10xx-P20xxRDB should be used for P2020RDB-PB with DDR2, P2020RDB-PC is the target board with DDR3. I cannot make sure which target board you are using now, so I suggest you use SRAM initialization file to connect to the target board to use L2 Cache to SRAM to avoid using DDR.

When you create a bare board project, please select "Download SRAM" or "Connect SRAM" launch configuration, then use the SRAM launch configuration to connect to the target board to do flash programming.

Please refer to the following procedure to do flash programming.

(1). Please create a P2020RDB bareboard project with SRAM launch configuration enabled, then connect to the target board from Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core00_SRAM_p2020_Download(Connect)->Debug.

(2). Open Target Task panel from Windows->Show view>Target Task,right click Root->Import, choose the template for P2020RDB。

(3). Double click task for P2020RDB, in PA Flash Programmer Task Panel, click “Add Action", specify u-boot image path, check "Erase sectors before program", "Apply Address Offset", specify the offset address.

Check the task,click the execution button in “Target Tasks" panel.

If your problem remains, please provide the console log of the flash programmer.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xuchen
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, my board is p2020rdb-pb.

1. According to your step, i configured like this:

pastedImage_2.png

but i find the button of "execute" is disabled, what's wrong?

2. I use zhe code warrior 10.5.1 "flash programmer" to program the norflash,and configured like this:

pastedImage_3.png

below is the consle log:

fl::target -lc "LC for Simple Flash (1)"

fl::target -b 0x0 0x40000

fl::target -v off -l off

cmdwin::fl::device -d "S29GL128P" -o "8Mx16x1" -a 0xff000000 0xffffffff

cmdwin::fl::image -f "E:\\BinHong\\Projects\\HDBUS\\doc\\P2020\\ltib-p1020rdb_p2020rdb-20101029\\rootfs\\boot\\u-boot.bin" -t "Auto Detect" -re on -r 0xff000000 0xffffffff -oe off

cmdwin::fl::erase image

Beginning Operation ...   

-------------------------

Auto-detection is successful.  

File is of type Binary/Raw Format.  

Image size is 0 bytes, nothing to erase.  

Nothing to erase.  No sectors selected

Performing target initialization ...   

Erase Command Succeeded.  

cmdwin::fl::write

-------------------------

Using restricted address range 0xFF000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF  

Programming file E:\BinHong\Projects\HDBUS\doc\P2020\ltib-p1020rdb_p2020rdb-20101029\rootfs\boot\u-boot.bin  

Auto-detection is successful.  

File is of type Binary/Raw Format.  

0 Bytes Programmed, Check Restricted Address Range  

Program Command Succeeded  

The log says:"Image size is 0 bytes, nothing to erase.   ",but my image's size is not 0 byte,what's wrong?

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xu Chen,

Please refer to the flash programming procedure which I provided previously, please use SRAM launch configuration to connect to the target board first, then execute flash programming task.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xu Chen,

In the "Add Program" panel, please check "Apply Address Offset", and specify the address as "0xFFF80000", and click "update Program Action".

If you problem remains, please provide the programmer log again.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!