We are bringing up a new p3041 cpu board using Codewarrior Tap and can't get RCW override to work properly

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

We are bringing up a new p3041 cpu board using Codewarrior Tap and can't get RCW override to work properly

1,752件の閲覧回数
david-snc
Contributor I

we are running an SRAM build for p3041 and the cpu is working and I can step through programs. However the platform clock is not right. I am starting the debug session with an RCW override file following the instructions but when I enter the debug session and inspect the DCFG_RCWSRn registers they do not reflect the values from the RCW override file. We have not programmed or enabled flash on the board yet. We have configured the cfg_sys_rcw[0:4] pins to the value for hard-coded-rcw 1_0010 (just a placeholder to have a known value there) I saw in another thread a recommendation to not use a hardcoded RCW value when doing RCW override with the TAP. So my question is what should we configure those pins to when doing an RCW override? attached are the debug console output and the rcw override file. Our RCW override file is based on the P3041DS with some changes for SERDES configuration.

Original Attachment has been moved to: RCB_RCW_1500-750-1333.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: console.txt.zip

ラベル(1)
タグ(4)
0 件の賞賛
5 返答(返信)

1,413件の閲覧回数
david-snc
Contributor I

thanks for the responses. we changed the rcw source back to NOR flash, but it did not work until I set the rcw override option in the jtag file from '1' (rcw override) to '0x80000001', rcw override + pll ovveride. not sure why that fixed it but we are up and running.

thanks again

0 件の賞賛

1,413件の閲覧回数
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deavid,

Because the board didn't have any RCW source, using 0x80000001 (full rcw + pll override) option should to be used. When the board have a valid RCW source, then option 1 (rcw override) is recommended to be used, because we assume that existing pll settings can be used.

Adrian

0 件の賞賛

1,413件の閲覧回数
david-snc
Contributor I

Thanks. That answers why the settings '1' worked on a p3041ds and not our board. It would be nice if the Codewarrior documentation had this information in the help or in the sample RCW jtag files.

0 件の賞賛

1,413件の閲覧回数
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

RCW override does not work with hard-coded RCW option.  Please do as Stoica has suggested, and update if problem.

Have a great day,

Lunmin

0 件の賞賛

1,413件の閲覧回数
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Indeed, using hardcoded RCW when trying RCW override is not recommended, You should use NOR boot , even you don't have a NOR device enable.

Adrian

0 件の賞賛