MPC8640D Failed to reset the target (core did not halt)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8640D Failed to reset the target (core did not halt)

nagajyothi
Contributor I

Hi  all,

we are working on a project CPCI Based SBC Board using MPC8640D processor. We are trying to get simple JTAG connection to the processor mpc8640d. We are using code warrior usb tab s/n 0839 0023.

In code warrior, when I try to reset the MPC8640D core (via reset target on launch), it gives the following message:

“CCSProtocolPlugin: Failed to reset the target (MPC8640d Core: Core did not halt).”

we are monitoring the jtag signals also , HREST and SRESET signals are not coming..by default these signals are in high state(+3.3v).

Can you give me some guidance in interpreting this error ?

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jyothi,

Please ensure HRESET not tied to TRST.

HRESET to the processor exclusive to COP/JTAG header, otherwise problems arise when the core is reset and the debugger doesn't know about it, usually the debugger will report the processor cannot be put into STOP mode.

Please refer to the following JTAG interface figure.

Note:pastedImage_0.png

HRESET and TRST MUST be independent of each other

CodeWarrior tools have 100 Ohm pull-down on QACK

Necessary only for processors that have a QACK input.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos