cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link failed : CW 10.6 with K40x256 TWR System

kbm
Contributor I

Hi All.

I am trying to use CW 10.6 with K40X256 TWR system. I imported one the example PE projects on SPI, generated code and tried building it. I am getting the following error:

**** Build of configuration MK40DX256Z_INTERNAL_RAM for project SPI ****

Problems

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
mingw32-make: *** [SPI.afx] Error 1SPIC/C++ Problem
Link failed.SPIC/C++ Problem
Warning: The PLL/FLL clock value is 0 - the clock is disabled. (Clock frequency [MHz])SPICpu/Clock frequency [MHz]Processor Expert Problem
Warning: Period is too little. The method SetDutyMS will return an error code only.SPIPwmLdd1Processor Expert Problem
Undefined : "DMA_Transfer_Done"SPIline 0, external location: C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K40X256\SPI\MK40DX256Z_INTERNAL_RAM\Vectors_c.objC/C++ Problem
Undefined : "DMA_Transfer_Error"SPIline 0, external location: C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K40X256\SPI\MK40DX256Z_INTERNAL_RAM\Vectors_c.objC/C++ Problem

Console Output

"C:\\Freescale\\CW MCU v10.6\\gnu\\bin\\mingw32-make" -j8 all

'Building file: ../Generated_Code/eDMA1.c'

'Executing target #11 ../Generated_Code/eDMA1.c'

'Invoking: ARM Compiler'

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm" -gccinc @@"Generated_Code/eDMA1.args" -o "Generated_Code/eDMA1_c.obj" -c "../Generated_Code/eDMA1.c" -MD -gccdep

'Finished building: ../Generated_Code/eDMA1.c'

' '

'Building target: SPI.afx'

'Executing target #12 SPI.afx'

'Invoking: ARM Linker'

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm" -o "SPI.afx" @@"SPI.args"  

C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm|Linker|Error

(C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K40X256\SPI\MK40DX256Z_INTERNAL_RAM\Vectors_c.obj|0|0|0|0|0)

=Referenced from ".vectortable" in Vectors_c.obj

>Undefined : "DMA_Transfer_Done"

(C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K40X256\SPI\MK40DX256Z_INTERNAL_RAM\Vectors_c.obj|0|0|0|0|0)

=Referenced from ".vectortable" in Vectors_c.obj

>Undefined : "DMA_Transfer_Error"

>Link failed.

Errors caused tool to abort.

mingw32-make: *** [SPI.afx] Error 1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

michaelzhangca
Contributor II

Please try to search "DMA_Transfer_Done" and "DMA_Transfer_Error" in your project and include the file to your file.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi k bm,

It seems like the SPI example you are using was modified and that is causing the errors, please try using the attached SPI example for the TWR-K40X256, it is the same example that comes with the CodeWarrior installation files.

Let me know if it works.

Best regards!

Carlos

0 Kudos

elisamejia
Contributor III

Hello Carlos,

I am working with the TWR-LCD-RGB and the K70 development platform and have found a similar problem. Whenever I try to use the PE GPIO components (BitIO and Init_GPIO) I get this Link failed error, and several undefined reference errors from the GPIO components' functions.

When I use the same code without using the eGUI driver for the LCD, the code works just fine.

Do you know what could be happening?

Regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elisa,

Could you create a new post with this question? Also, could you tell us the steps to reproduce the issue or maybe attach a sample project?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

elisamejia
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

This is the link to the new question: GPIO Methods not working using eGUI

Regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos