Issues with T4240QDS with RCW BOOT_HO=1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with T4240QDS with RCW BOOT_HO=1

quantran1234
Contributor I

I recently opened a support issue for this and was assigned to Yiping, but for some reason my email responses started bouncing with an automated reply saying send it to tech.support@nxp.com, but I used that email, so I am not sure what the issue is. So I am asking here.

I have a board that we are trying to setup secure boot for, it is a T4240QDS system.

I am currently trying to get the CCS to work with the RCW image BOOT_HO=1, to verify CCS works and BOOT_HO works so I can use it to program the keys for secure boot.

The steps Yiping told me are as follow:
1. Please program boot hold off RCW to bank4 RCW address from bank0.

2. Please power down the target, modify SW6[1-4]=0100 to configure the target to boot from bank4, then power up the target board.

3. Please open CCS from Start->All Programs->Freescale CodeWarrior->CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1->CodeWarrior Connection Server, then type the following commands.

% delete all

% config cc cwtap:<ip>

% ccs::config_chain t4240

% ccs::write_mem 0 0xfe0e00e4 4 0 0x00000001 Then you will see u-boot booting up on bank4.

I have done the steps 1 and 2 successfully, put the RCW with BOOT_HO=1 to bank4 RCW and set the SW6 switch to boot from the alternative bank. This seems to work because after booting from bank 4, the serial console doesn't output anything, so I assume it is holding until release.

I have some issues with the CCS step however, here are the messages I get from trying to use it

CodeWarrior Connection Server console display active (Tcl8.4.12 / Tk8.4.12)

Loading CCSAPI Tcl interface (C:/Freescale/CW_PA_v10.5.1/PA/ccs/bin/ccstcl.dll)...

Loading Svfburner (C:/Freescale/CW_PA_v10.5.1/PA/ccs/bin/svfburner.dll)...

There are no command converters configured

Server listening on port: 41475

Clients allowed from all hosts

No clients denied

(bin) 1 % delete all

(bin) 2 % config cc cwtap:10.15.146.9

(bin) 3 % show cc

0: CodeWarrior TAP (cwtap:10.15.146.9) CC software ver. {0.0}

(bin) 4 % ccs::config_chain t4240

T4240: HRESET occurred during transaction

(bin) 5 % display ccs::get_config_chain

Chain Position 0: T4240

(bin) 6 % ccs::write_mem 0 0xfe0e00e4 4 0 0x0000001

HRESET occurred during transaction

(bin) 7 % ccs::write_mem 0 0xfe0e00e4 4 0 0x0000001

HRESET occurred during transaction

(bin) 7 %

How do I fix this error of "HRESET occurred during transaction"?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I find a same version T4240QDS board(Sys ID: 0x1e, Sys Ver: 0x14) as yours from our board farm, indeed the rcw 27_55_5_11 cannot work on this version board, please use the attached rcw 1_27_5_11.

Please boot the target board at bank0, program rcw to bank4, enter command "qixis_reset altbank"(this command can work at this version board), then open CCS console to type CCS commands. Please refer to the attached u-boot and CCS logs.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos