Installing CW 5.1 break CW 10.4 use of Multilink Universal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing CW 5.1 break CW 10.4 use of Multilink Universal

DustyStew
Contributor V

It appears that if you don't answer the questions correctly when installing CW 5.1, it is possible to break the installation of the Multilink Universal programming device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

never have this issue before.

i have CW5.1 and CW10.4 installed on my computer there is no conflict.

what question you don't answer the correctly when installing CW 5.1?

please upload the screenshot of the problem

0 Kudos

DustyStew
Contributor V

Zhang

It could have to do with the order in which software is installed. I don't actually know, I am guessing that the problem was created when I answered yes to questions in the 5.1 install, regarding driver installation. The Multilink Universal is not an option for programming device now. It was before. The driver is fine as far as I can see, it is another configuration file that is the problem I think.

This document appears to be related (but 50+ pages and who really cares to know this stuff anyway!):

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN3859.pdf

0 Kudos

DustyStew
Contributor V

Further to this:

When trying to program the device, the system finds the Multilink Universal. But CW 10.4 does not have that device in its dropdown list. The list has "USB Multilink - USB Port", plus Cyclone/Tracelink/OpenSDA variants.

The device found was "UMultilink Unviersal Rev B on USB1 (Name=PE5655832) (Autodetected)"

So it finds the actual device, but its not on its list of usable devices. I presume.

Anybody know what to do about this?

0 Kudos