cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to programming FXTH87xx with "J-link"

ramazantastan44
Contributor I

Hi
I bought an FXTH87xx for the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), but I need a "USB Multi-link Universal" to the program it but I have a "J-link" owner. What can I do to program fxth87xx without using "USB Multi-link Universal " connections? Please help immediately !!!

Thank you very much in advance...

pastedImage_1.png <-------------- ???------------------->  pastedImage_2.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ramazantastan44
Contributor I

Thank you Tomas,

I'll have a few questions.

Q1 - How else can we program FXTH without PEmicro's USB Multilink? Because I can't buy too expensive.

Q2-CodeWarrior IDE is required? Can't we program with IAR Embedded Workbench or KEIL uVision?
Q3-Which model can I use Multilink? Is "U-MULTILINK" suitable for codewarrior?

Best regard...

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ramazan,

A1 - We have developed the demo “LF RF Bootloader”, that can be downloaded from this webpage, which implements wireless reprogramming of the FXTH (using LF and RF). However, this requires a portion of the FXTH memory to be previously programmed with the bootloader code. And this bootloader code can only be opened in CodeWarrior and programmed with the PEmicro’s USB Multilink. 

A2 - Unfortunately the FXTH cannot be programmed with IAR Embedded Workbench nor KEIL uVision.

A3 - Our recommendation is to use the PEmicro’s USB Multilink Universal.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ramazan,

Only CodeWarrior IDE compiler supports the FXTH, and only the PEmicro’s USB Multilink supports the programming of the FXTH. The FXTH cannot use J-Link.

From this webpage, the “Starter Package for FXTH and MKW01” can be downloaded. Inside the package are several folders containing demo code and documentation. Among them, the document “Installing and using CodeWarrior” gives information on how to download a free version of CodeWarrior IDE, and links to buy the PEmicro’s USB Multilink.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos