Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend the size of norflash in P1010RDB-PB

Jump to solution
yuyunji
Contributor I

hello!

I want to ask a question about the NOR size extension in the P1010RDB-PB development board.

I saw this in the SCH of P1010RDB-PB,but i didn't see other descriptions about how to extend it.Now i want to ask if i want to use this pin for a 64MB nor-flash,what should i do.

pastedImage_1.png

Another question,i have already see a question about how to extend NOR to 64MB, but I still don't know. The P1010's IFC bus has 25 address lines, which means that it has 32Mb of addressing space. If I use the 16-bit NORFLASH chip, Can P1010 support the size of 32x16/2=64MB?

Thankyou!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

General IFC limitation is: it supports memory banks of sizes up to 32 MB (for NOR and GPCM)

> I saw this in the SCH of P1010RDB-PB,but i didn't see other descriptions about how to extend it.

The feature was not implemented.

> If I use the 16-bit NORFLASH chip, Can P1010 support the size of 32x16/2=64MB?

No.

It does not matter 8- or 16-bit Flash is connected - maximum chip-select size is 32MB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

General IFC limitation is: it supports memory banks of sizes up to 32 MB (for NOR and GPCM)

> I saw this in the SCH of P1010RDB-PB,but i didn't see other descriptions about how to extend it.

The feature was not implemented.

> If I use the 16-bit NORFLASH chip, Can P1010 support the size of 32x16/2=64MB?

No.

It does not matter 8- or 16-bit Flash is connected - maximum chip-select size is 32MB.

0 Kudos
yuyunji
Contributor I

I SEE ,THANKS

0 Kudos