Failed to initialize the CORBA framework or could not connect to the code Warrior Debugger-

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to initialize the CORBA framework or could not connect to the code Warrior Debugger-

Jump to solution
madhusudankumar
Contributor II

Failed to connect to the code Warrior Debugger-Engine CORBA SERVER. I am using the Kinetics K Series ->K4X family MK40Dx256 microcontroller (Freescale board) and using the Code Warrior . I am getting this error saying while debugging Failed to initialize the CORBA framework or could not connect to the code Warrior Debugger-Engine CORBA SERVER.. Please suggest if I missed any kind of setting while installation.  I

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Madhusudan

We have received an explanation from the CodeWarrior debugger development team in regards of the CORBA error:

Q:What is causing the CORBA error to happen? How to avoid this or fix it?

A: The CORBA error appears when DE.exe crashes, thus CW looses connection to the debugger unexpectedly.

Workaround: In <CWInstallPath>/eclipse/cwide.ini, add -Dcw.junitTesting=true at the end of the file and relaunch CW. Now, if DE.exe crashes for whatever reason, the CORBA error won't be displayed and DE will be automatically relaunched on the next CW operation that needs the debugger (e.g launching a new debug session).

Note that, as a side-effect for this workaround, Target Task Framework (TTF) errors won't be displayed anymore; you will need to check the 'Problems view' in Console to see such errors.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Madhusudan

We have received an explanation from the CodeWarrior debugger development team in regards of the CORBA error:

Q:What is causing the CORBA error to happen? How to avoid this or fix it?

A: The CORBA error appears when DE.exe crashes, thus CW looses connection to the debugger unexpectedly.

Workaround: In <CWInstallPath>/eclipse/cwide.ini, add -Dcw.junitTesting=true at the end of the file and relaunch CW. Now, if DE.exe crashes for whatever reason, the CORBA error won't be displayed and DE will be automatically relaunched on the next CW operation that needs the debugger (e.g launching a new debug session).

Note that, as a side-effect for this workaround, Target Task Framework (TTF) errors won't be displayed anymore; you will need to check the 'Problems view' in Console to see such errors.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

madhusudankumar
Contributor II

Thank you Mr.  Xin Kuang. The suggestion given by you and the NXP team support worked out. I am able to perform all the operations without any problem.

Thanking you , Once again    

0 Kudos