FRDM-KL43Z is not in the list of processors or boards when creating a new MCU project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL43Z is not in the list of processors or boards when creating a new MCU project

Jump to solution
alihossain
Contributor II

I just got a frdm-kl43z for a project but to my utter surprise I could not find KL43Z under the processor list when creating a new MCU project. Is there any updates or patches that I have to download?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ali,

Just got feedback from Product Manager.

At this time there is no plan to support KL43Z on MCU V10.6.

We recommend you to use KDS.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali,

The KL43Z is not included in MCU V10.6.

I don't know if it's planned to support it.

I need to check and will keep you informed.

Now, I've checked under KDS.

The default installation KDS V1.1.1 is not supporting the KL43Z device.

As the MCU V10.6, only the KL46Z is supported.

However according to the doc find on the web, there are solution for this device.

A SDK is available for the KL43Z:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This version of the KSDK for the FRDM-KL43Z Freescale Freedom Platform was compiled and tested with these development tools:

• IAR Embedded Workbench version 7.20.2 or later

• Keil MDK 5.11 with Freescale Kinetis KLxx Series Device Support pack 1.1.0

• Makefiles support with GCC 4.8.3

•Kinetis Design Studio IDE (KDS) version 1.1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are more information on the web:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-KL43Z&parentCode=KL4x&fpsp=1

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

alihossain
Contributor II

Thanks,

I was able to solve the problem.

This other thread also helped MKL43Z supported?

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ali,

Just got feedback from Product Manager.

At this time there is no plan to support KL43Z on MCU V10.6.

We recommend you to use KDS.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle