cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging U-boot T1042

Jump to solution
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

Hello community, using T1042RDB, I am trying to debug my own u-boot ( sdk compiled ) with Code warrior to learn how it works. 

I have a custom board and I want to debug my customized u-boot on it later.

According to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4876.pdf, 5.2.2.  Stage 1 – Debug NOR for AS0, after I wrote "setpicloadaddr 0xfff80000" command to shell, I think I had some kind of error. "No source available for "0x00000000FFFFFFFFFC (0x00000000FFFFFFFFFC)0 " and "?" on the given memory locations in Disassembly screen. 

What is the meaning of "?" ? How can resolve this? What is the procedure to debug U-boot with T1042 processor ? I also tried "setpicloadaddr 0xe800000" which is nor flash adress of t1042 rdb. Nothing changed.

Thanks.

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please click Locate File to specify the path of resetvec.S on your Windows PC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In the Debugger Shell view, issue the following command to enter the PIC alternate load address:

"setpicloadaddr 0xFFF40000" 

For details, please refer to section "7.6.4.2 Debugging U-Boot using NOR flash" in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf

0 Kudos
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

Capture.PNGHello mr wang,

After the steps in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf, It appears debugger wants to locate source code of compiled u-boot exactly at where it has compiled. I am compiling u-boot in with a linux desktop and trying to debug with different windows desktop. I copied the source code to windows PC. What procedure should I  follow to make debugger see this source file. It's still searching where it was compiled in Linux ( root path is starting with "/" ) 

Thanks

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please click Locate File to specify the path of resetvec.S on your Windows PC.

0 Kudos