Codewarrior not compiling after KSDK/KDS install, can't find MFS defines?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior not compiling after KSDK/KDS install, can't find MFS defines?

Jump to solution
ironsean
Contributor V

Hello,

I had a project using MQX 4.1 for the FRDM-K64F board, using Codewarrior 10.6. It worked fine for our purposes, but since support going forward is on the KDS/KSDK platform I've been trying to bring out existing project over to that platform. This has lead to a number of weird issues as you can see in other discussions I've started.

However, here I'm wondering about the Codewarrior side of the equation:

Every since installing KDS and KSDK (and creating a new project, in a new workspace, with my source files copied over to a new location for that project), my Codewarrior project doesn't quite work anymore. It seemed fine at first, with my project still compiling. However, when I flash or debug that compiled project I get errors that the lwmsgq (lightweight message queues) couldn't initialize properly, which breaks a lot of the inter-task communication in my project.

Next, I tried to recompile the libraries (BSP, PSP, MFS. RTCS. Shell. USBd, and USBh). For some reason the MFS and Shell libraries will no longer compile. Both complain of unknown or missing MFS defines, functions, different number of expected parameters in functions, etc. (MFS_DIR_ENTRY undeclared, struct mfs_handle has no member ACCESS/CURRENT_CLUSTER/DIR_CLUSTER, Too many arguements to function MFS_unlock).

Taking a look, I see that I can't even find those defined in mfs.h in MQX 4.1_FRDMK64F, MQX 4.1.1, or KSDK 1.1.0. All three mfs.h files are identical. However, searching the entire MQX directory I found that the Freescale_MQX_4_1_FRDMK64F\lib\frdmk64f.cw10gcc\debug\mfs\ directory contains a different mfs.h compiled for Codewarrior for the K64F in particular. This version of mfs.h contains many of the definitions that are missing, Presumably it used to be accessible to the other projects/mfs itself/my project, but no longer seems to be.

Does anyone have any idea what might have broken? The only new environment variable I see is the KSDK_PATH variable, which seems unique to the KSDK. My MQX_ROOT and MQX_PATH variables point to the Freescale_MQX_4_1_1 directory, which is maybe not ideal since my project is hosted in and includes the libraries in the Freescale_MQX_4_1_FRDMK64F directory, but it also wasn't a problem before.

Thanks,

Sean

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ironsean
Contributor V

This issue was I had made some changes to MFS source a while back, and not rebuilt the library in a while. Eventually it caught up to me. A fresh install of MQX 4.2 works, and I'm assuming the same with MQX 4.1 would as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ironsean
Contributor V

This issue was I had made some changes to MFS source a while back, and not rebuilt the library in a while. Eventually it caught up to me. A fresh install of MQX 4.2 works, and I'm assuming the same with MQX 4.1 would as well.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean,

You've a project based on MCU V10.6 using MQX 4.1 for FRDM-K64F.

Now you want to move your project under KDS.

We've a post giving some hints to move MCU V10.6 project under KDS.

I recommend you to refer to the post:

Importing MCU V10.6 projects (sample, using PE and MQX) under KDS

On my side I've several installation on CW for MCU and KDS.

I can use them without problem.

It seems you meet the problem after to have installed KDS and SDK.

After the MCU V10.6 was not running anymore.

MQX can be used on KDS too.

However there is a dedicated folder depending of the dev tool you're using.

Is there a problem with the path ?

Personally I've never reproduced the problem.

To resume you've installed:

CW for MCU V10.6

MQX V4.1.1

MQX V4.1_FRDMK64F

KDS  ?

KSDK ?

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos