cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 10.5, error: Can't write application "xxx.elf"

Jump to solution
Charlie
Contributor III

I have no idea what I am doing to cause this, so I am not sure how to repeat it.

Codewarrior 10.5, windows 7 x64, MCU (56f8367 chip)

I can edit and recompile and download to debug my code a few times before all of a sudden this error pops up.  The only way I know how to get rid of it is to restart codewarrior, which is kind of a pain.

Wondering if there was any solution to this or a work around or a way to avoid it altogether.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks something has a lock on the .elf file (open file handle). Maybe the debugger has not released properly the file handle?

If this is the case, an easier way is to kill the DE.exe from the task manager (see Killing Me Softly: Zombies and Debugger Engines | MCU on Eclipse) as a workaround.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Charlie
Contributor III

Killing the DE process does seem to work, except I still need to do a clean and then recompile again or it continues to act a bit buggy.  FWIW, it seems to happen only when I don't terminate and remove the debugging process.  If i am careful about doing this, the problem seems to go away.

Also, is there a good way to submit codewarrior bugs?  I've switched over to the eclipse because I couldn't get something to compile with the classic IDE.  However, there are a number of frustrating bugs I come across.  What's the recommended way to submit them?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I usually terminate the debuging process and remove it before close the debugger window.  The latest version for DSC is CodeWarrior for MCU v10.5, I you found any bug in it, please summit a Service Request to us:

Please use Freescale on line support web page.
  - Go to following URL: http://www.freescale.com/TechSupport
  - Click on Submit a Service Request. You will come to a login page.
  - You can submit your request through the web from there.

Or send mail to support@freescale.com. For the mail which contains Chinese Charactor,
please send to support.asia@freescale.com

Thank you very much for any advise to improve our products.

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks something has a lock on the .elf file (open file handle). Maybe the debugger has not released properly the file handle?

If this is the case, an easier way is to kill the DE.exe from the task manager (see Killing Me Softly: Zombies and Debugger Engines | MCU on Eclipse) as a workaround.

0 Kudos