cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Censorship password dialog does not show

dpastl
Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm trying to reprogram a censored MPC5674 using Codewarrior 10.6.  I know the password but I'm not getting a dialogue asking for it.  I've seen this dialogue in the past when there was a connection issue but now that I've started playing around with censorship it no longer appears.  Uncensoring the device isn't the issue, I can do that with PEMICRO's tools.  I'd just like to know how to get Codewarrior to unlock the device for programming.

Thanks!

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you possibly check FAB pin? For Normal Booting the FAB pin needs to be 0. You can try  connecting the pin to ground.
Have you done any hardware changes at this particular board? Or it's exactly the same board as the one which shows the password dialogue?

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dpastl
Contributor II

Hi there,

Sorry, I'd forgotten I'd asked this question.  I ended up ignoring the fact that codewarrrior was acting strange and instead used the PE Micro tools, since they were working very reliably.  It was also really easy to make automated tools to unlock and lock the device.  I know it's not a hardware issue, it's the same board and they're very thoroughly tested, it's simply that the Codewarrrior stopped showing the dialogue.

Cheers,

0 Kudos