cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find sources under SDK 1.8

leventkarakaya
Contributor I

Hello

I started to design a custom board using T1024 processor. For this purpose, I am examining T1024rdb. We have several changes on the design of T1024rdb. I want to understand how to proceed code development.

I read info center pdf and several documentation and my plan is to modify T1024rdb sources to develop my custom u-boot and images. My custom image will contain several additional drivers to T1024rdb SDK. I installed Qoriq SDK v1.8 for t1024rdb-64b machine. Under the QorIQ-SDK-V1.8-20150619-yocto folder, there is a "sources" directory. I assume that all source codes, to be used for image build, should be under this folder. But, when I check the content, I run into empty git folders.

Where can I find the source codes of u-boot, image?  What do you think am I in the correct way to develop a custom image for my custom board?

Best regards

source_code t1024rdb customization

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Levent Karakaya,

For u-boot:

1. Clean the build Cache:

$bitbake u-boot -c cleansstate

2. Get u-boot source code:

$bitbake u-boot -c patch

3. Go the source folder build_t1024rdb-64b_release/tmp/work/t1024rdb_64b-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2014.07+fslgit-r0/git/,

customize u-boot source code according to your requirement.

4. Comple u-boot

$ bitbake u-boot -c compile -f

5. Rebuild u-boot

$bitbake u-boot

6. Modify and rebuild source again, please go to 3.

For Linux Kernel:

1. Clean the Cache:

$ bitbake virtual/kernel -c cleansstate

2. Get Kernel source and Configure Linux Kernel:

$ bitbake virtual/kernel -c configure

3. Go to the source folder build_t1024rdb-64b_release/tmp/work/t1024rdb_64b-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/3.12-r0/git/, modify the source code according to your requirement, and reconfigure Linux Kernel with the command "make ARCH=powerpc menuconfig".

4. Compile Linux Kernel

$ bitbake virtual/kernel -c compile -f

5. Build Linux Kernel

$ bitbake virtual/kernel

6. Modify and Reconfigure Linux Kernel again please go to 3.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

leventkarakaya
Contributor I

Thank you. Now it is clear.

0 Kudos