Beginner question: How to communicate with NTAG213

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner question: How to communicate with NTAG213

kazaav2
Contributor I

I bought a bunch of NTAG213 cards and have an ACR122U reader writer. I want to password protect each card with the same password, write a unique ID to each card, and use that ID to compare against a database in order to get an approval or declined response. I've studied the documentation and learned how the cards work via various tool, but my biggest question is, how do I actually send commands to the cards to read and write stuff in the system I'm thinking about creating? Is there a specific scripting tool or software I should be using to read and write or build upon?

Speaking about unique IDs, I've been told that each card has an ID, and that the pages that store the IDs can never be overwritten right? So is it safe to assume that if I bought one million NTAG213 cards, I'd never have to worry about a duplicate ID? If that is the case, is it possible for me to instead just write a program that reads the ID from each card and use that instead of writing an ID to each card? How can I get a program I'm writing to read that ID?

Sorry about bothering you guys with what may be a total beginner question, but I'm totally clueless and really want to learn. I'd really appreciate any help that I can get.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello N'Kenge Drew, Hope you are doing great, for the ACR122U please confirm which part of NXP is using or please try to contact their support.

for the NTAG213   please check the  next document NFC Forum Type 2 Tag compliant IC with 144/504/888 bytes
user memory in the the UID is allocated in the 00h and 01h 

pastedImage_4.png

and it is allocated in 7 bytes  like this 
pastedImage_5.png

to read this you will have to send a READ command  and in the address  you will have to put the 00h and the 01h in order to get the full UID you will have to read two times. 

for this command in the document you will find the NTAG commands in the section 10. please check this information and tell me if this  helped you.

Best regards.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

kazaav2
Contributor I

Hi Jonathan. I think the biggest question I have is how or what can I use to send these APDU commands? I have to password protect the pages and authenticate to read and write. I've studied the documentation and know how the commands to use, I just don't know how to send them.

0 Kudos