56f8367 chip using USB ONCE to debug, in some places when I place a break point, I will see (AsmSection)() 0x00xxxx (xxx is some address).  How can I stop this from happening?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56f8367 chip using USB ONCE to debug, in some places when I place a break point, I will see (AsmSection)() 0x00xxxx (xxx is some address).  How can I stop this from happening?

Charlie
Contributor III

I've moved over to a new Eclipse version of CodeWarrior and, I have to say, it has given me a ton of headaches.  Things that worked perfectly fine in the classic version now break all the time in this new version.

My current problem is that I need to view the value of some variables in a certain function.  If I put a break point in the function and try to step through (or at the end of the function), my stack will often be pointing to (AsmSection)() 0x(some address). . .and if you click on that, the source window will say "No source available for (AsmSection)()"

If I continually step through it, eventually I will pop out somewhere back into the code, but it will be far away from what I wanted to view.  It will often jump out to the AsmSection after an addition!  It's really frustrating not being able to see what I need to see and having to constantly fight with the IDE.

Is there any way to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please delete .metadata folder of workspace of your CodeWarrior.

Then reopen the project in CodeWarrior, and click on 'Project' menu-> Clean to remove the old object file, and then rebuild the project. Is the problem fixed?

What is your CodeWarrior version, the latest version is v10.6.2. Please install  the update in CW10.6 from CodeWarrior "Help" Menu->Check for Updates.

If this does not work, could you please attach an example project to help us reproduce the problem? Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Fiona

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Charlie
Contributor III

I was working with 10.5, tried the workspace fix in that.  It didn't work.  Upgraded to 10.6, and installed the updates, it still doesn't work.

I can't just attach my project because I don't want the code just anywhere not to mention it requires a bunch of peripherals to run at all.  I will see what I can do about reproducing it or narrow down what is actually causing it.

Quick question: How can I determine which version I am using?  If I go about it doesn't say 10.6.2, but

CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.6

Build Id:140329

and licenses just says 10.6 too.  It says there are no updates when I check.

0 Kudos