cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior 8.8.3  Unable to call the command line tool

ironpie
Contributor I

Hi,

I`m using  codewarrior to debug uboot for mpc8379eRDB.

My CPU is mpc8379e

My OS is windowsXP

My codewarrior version is v8.8.3 with mpc837x patch.

I prepared uboot followed the document<Debugging the U-Boot Bootstrap Firmware> in cw help.

I opened uboot elf in cw and selected EPPC linux gnu linker to make the uboot source code.

Cw gave me this error:"unable to call the command line tool.check your path environment variable" 

I googled this error and somebody said  the uboot source code path is too long.But my uboot source is just in C:\

Does anybody knew why this error happend?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III

CW can be used to debug u-boot, but cannot be used to build u-boot.  Building u-boot has to be done outside of CW and then the u-boot elf used to create a CW debugging project (file -> open).

To debug u-boot from CW running on windows you will need to copy the entire u-boot source directory to your windows machine.  When you import the u-boot elf file CW should ask you about the path to the file.  This happens because you have moved the elf file from the linux system and the paths associated with the build are not correct anymore.  You should browse to find the first file and then CW should be able to resolve the rest of the paths.

0 Kudos