cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install plug-in for mqx 3.8 in cw 10.2

Garil
Contributor III

hi folks

I m trying a while to install the plug-in for mqx 3.8 without succeed, i saw on this forum many cases and ways to solve this.

the fact is that after that i use this: install_cw10.2_plugin.bat "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2"  in oder to install it, after a few secondes it display this message  "An error has occurred. See the log file" , when i click on "ok" in the dos i can see 17 files copied ************* Done *********/ and of course in cw10.2 i cannot see the mqx tool etc...

I follow all the step and also read some thread in this forum ..... do someone ever experience this?

Using win 7 ultimate 32bits

thx

br

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

trusc
Contributor II

Hi everyone

I can't find any reference to installation of MQX in CodeWarrior 10.2 on a Linux platform. Is MQX even supported on CW/Linux?

Thanks

0 Kudos

UnisvrTim
Contributor III

Your question may have been answered here

FYI

0 Kudos

Rop
Contributor I

Hi,

I have this issue too. Executing install_cw10.2_plugin.bat "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2" gives an error message. I have tried to install as an administrator, tried to start command prompt as an administrator, and shut down UAC.

Any updates?

0 Kudos

embeddedcontrac
Contributor II

Solved!

I had the same problem. I solved it by uninstalling and then re-installing cw 10.2. Then, navigating to

<MQX install dir>/tools/CW MCU v10.2/ 

and running

install_cw10.2_plugin.bat "c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2"

Now, when I start cw, I can see "MQX 3.8 Project" as one of the options under under File--> New menu.

0 Kudos

kecart
Contributor III

Try something as a quick test.  Right click on the FSLMQXOS_3_8_0.exe file that you installed and check the properties.  If there is something at the bottom, under Attributes, that says this file was downloaded and asks you if you want to unblock it, you will need to unblock it, then uninstall and reinstall MQX 3.8.  The same may be true of CWMCU 10.2.  Even though you right clicked to run the install program, I have been told that all of the exe files it installs are also blocked.  If you unblock the install program first, you eliminate that problem.  You could have been bitten by the "Microsoft Mother May I" problem.  I hope this helps.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on a Dell Dual-Core machine with no problems.

0 Kudos

Teckna
Contributor V

Hi,

You need administrator rights to perform the installation: right click on the command prompt icon and then "Run as administrator".

Teckna

0 Kudos

Garil
Contributor III

hi,

thx for the answer, i have faced many problems with the admin right on win 7... and since i always use the right lick to open programm that need or not the admin right, so i already was in the system32 directory in order to right click on the cmd.exe to have the full admin right while the execution but i got the same result.

thx

br

0 Kudos

Teckna
Contributor V

I don't know, the meaning you described is the same I faced when I started the command prompt without running it as administrator, so I was thinking this was the solution....

Maybe you had some errors on the CW installation process and this way it recognize something wrong.

Let us know any new.

Teckna

0 Kudos