Link Error: referenced but has not been written. Put const data into program memory. 56F8345, CW 8.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Error: referenced but has not been written. Put const data into program memory. 56F8345, CW 8.3

Jump to solution
j___
Contributor IV

I have found a couple of old posts regarding this same error. However, I was not able to figure out a solution from those old posts.

I have const data that is using the most of the 8KB "data memory". I need to link a large array of constants to be located in the program space.  I am getting the error: "... referenced but has not been written. Check your linker command file"

I have tried 2 approaches to locating this data, 1) using the __pmem keyword, 2) using sections. They both produced the same error.

Please see the attached text file for my 2 approach examples.

A solution to this would surely be appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

Original Attachment has been moved to: nxp_post_2016-02-16.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
j___
Contributor IV

Solved.

There were 2 .cmd files in the folder structure. Even though the project pane in CW8.3 showed that the command file in a sub-folder was assigned to the project, it found the command file in the root folder. I deleted the other command file.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
j___
Contributor IV

I added one more example to the text file.

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
j___
Contributor IV

Solved.

There were 2 .cmd files in the folder structure. Even though the project pane in CW8.3 showed that the command file in a sub-folder was assigned to the project, it found the command file in the root folder. I deleted the other command file.

Jim

0 Kudos