I need a copy of 56800E SDK 2.0, does anyone have a copy I can download, NXP\FS no longer has it

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a copy of 56800E SDK 2.0, does anyone have a copy I can download, NXP\FS no longer has it

j___
Contributor IV

I am trying to get a copy of the 56800E SDK 2.0E. The 56800\E bootloader that is provided from the NXP website was built using this 2.0E SDK. However, it not available on the NXP web site.

The links at this search results for "2.0E"

Search Results:  SDK 2.0E

Will lead to:

Embedded Software Development Kit for 56800/5|NXP

which actually has a zip file named 1.6E. This is odd because I was searching for 2.0E. Further, the part number on that page, MSW3SDK000AA, is for version 2.0E as referenced in the product brief at:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/dsp/doc/data_sheet/DSP56800ESDKPB.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1

Further, once I downloaded  the 1.6E zip file, it contains just a few README files. There is NO SDK in it!

But, I wanted 2.0E anyway, NOT 1.6E.

I have worked through corporate, opened a ticket, and have been informed from that ticket that NXP\FS no longer has ANY copies of 56800E SDK 2.0E within the corporation anywhere.

Does anyone on the forum have a copy that they can provide to me via DropBox?

Regards,

Jim

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jim

The SDK was designed for the DSP5.1 and DSPE2.1, and is not used for many years. It was replaced by Processor Expert from 2006.

I have no SDK version 2.0E, what I only have is v3.0. I have sent it to you by Transweb yesterday.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

plinioandrade
Contributor I

Good morning,

Can you send me a copy of the SDK?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

j___
Contributor IV

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. The fact that you do not have a copy is why I have posted to the forum.

You will notice in my original post to the forum, I stated that NXP\FS does not have a copy anywhere in the whole corporation. So, I am asking the members of the community if they have a copy for me.

However, I must say that I find it troubling that NXP does not have copy. 2006, as you mentioned, is not a long time ago for embedded products. That is only 8-9 years. Many embedded products are supported for 15 years or more.

Can you imagine if a car manufacturer had to fix a firmware problem in a 2006 car that was built with firmware created in 2005? They would NOT want to move to a new compiler and SDK\PEx because they would have to regression test EVERYTHING. The same is true for me. I have to support older products and need access to the old tools.

The fact that NXP does not have the old CodeWarrior versions and the old SDKs posted on their web site with keys generated that are wide-open is a MAJOR FAILURE. Just look at the CW forum. People are constantly asking about keys when they replaced drives, moved to new machines, Remote Desktop (RDP), etc. They are supporting older products and it is a pain.

So, to simply diminish the request because the tools are from the early 2000's shows a clear lack of understanding of the life cycle of embedded products. Further, it shows a lack-of-commitment on NXP's part for support of long life cycle. The fact that NXP does not have have any copies of an old SDK, and surely other older tools, is shameful.

I will tell you that Texas Instruments is MUCH better at older tool support than NXP\FS.

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jim,

We exchanged lot of emails with colleagues and now I've received the SDK2.0E installer file.

The SDK V3.0 and SDK V2.0E were released in 2003.

The SDKs were associated with CodeWarrior development tools for DSP and DSPE.

In the past we released 2 versions:

- CW for DSP

- CW for DSPE

A SDK specific to each DSP family was released and the last versions were:

- CW for DSP V5.x + SDK V3.0,

- CW for DSPE V2.x + SDK V2.0E.

In September 2003 CW for DSP56800E V6.0 was launched.

This version supported the all DSP and DSPE devices and Processor Expert tool was included.

Processor Expert tool was designed/based on SDK.

The SDK was replaced by Processor Expert or Quick_Start (DSC Quick Start Initialization and Developmen|NXP).

Only the last tool versions are available on the web site.

For older version, you must contact us (NXP) and we will share you the version needed.

I will create a Case for this question (private).

Keep you informed soon.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jsk1
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

Nice summary regarding the past releases. I am in the same situation and in need of the SDK V3.0. Can you help?

/Kusk

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This thread is too old, I suggest you create a new thread if you need help.

0 Kudos