Flexray NCV7383 demo boards

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexray NCV7383 demo boards

bobgardner
Contributor I

Greetings fellow CW5.1 users, HC12 c programmers, and Flexray experts to be. I have 2 of the Freescale NCV7383 demo boards. I can recompile the provided c source and burn it into the MC9S12XF512 and the 2 boards exchange pkts with frameID 1 and 2 and payload length of 6 words (12 bytes) as designed.This is a major milestone. Next step is to chg program to send a 32 byte payload with frameID like 0xAB rather than the slot address 1,2,3,4 selected by address switch. The Freescale dude that wrote most of it is Filip.Brtan and I bet he still works for NXP, and nothing would be better than a page or 2 memo of how to mod the demo to wake up and send ID 0x57 and a 16 byte payload just like my target system on the vehicle does. I have captured the frameIDs and payloads I need, and want to be able to send them every 100ms. I see there is one other guy like me in the NXP community trying to get familiar with the board and program. Maybe NXP can make a Flexray forum for us lone wolves to collaborate in? Flexray is going to get bigger here quick. NXP needs to support their new Freescale products. Thanks folks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Bob,

Well, it's not easy to find an expert who would be kind to help all of you working with FlexRay. This is mostly because the development of FlexRay has finished many years ago. The FlexRay Unified Driver S12XF last version is v1.3. The engineers who worked on it many years ago are on other projects or they are not in the company anymore, just like it seems to be the case with Filip.

Still, there is plenty enablements left and i will see with the management if we could share some of them publicly here on the community, since some are hard to locate on the NXP web.

The idea with flexray forum is pretty good. Actually, anyone can create a new Space which can be a subspace somewhere here on NXP community. When you are logged in, in the menu bar on the right side, you can see pencil icon, click on it and in the drop down list on the bottom there is Space option. The rest you will probably know.

Regards,

iggi

0 Kudos