DSP568xx: JTAG connector pin description. Information about pin 13 needed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP568xx: JTAG connector pin description. Information about pin 13 needed.

tarus
Contributor I
I plan on using the DSPCOMMPARALLEL : Parallel Port Command Converter for DSP. According to the user manual, DEZ is connected to pin 13. I was trying to find somewhere what that was exactly. All it said was it was for the jtag device. Can anyone provide more information about what that pin is for.
Thank you.
Bino

Message Edited by CrasyCat on 2007-04-13 01:38 PM

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

tarus
Contributor I
Hello all,
I needed a quick response so I submitted a service request also. Here is the answer I got back. This solution will work for me. Thanks XiangJun Rong

I guess that the pin is /DE rather than /DEZ. Regarding the JTAG signals,they are /RESET,/TRST,TDI,TDO,TMS,TCK,/DE,in the all six signals,/DE signal is an output signals,which only indicate that an debug event has happened when the JTAG is in debug mode,it is not used to transfer data or control something,so for some chip with standard JTAG circuit,the pin is removed from package. If you design your target board,you do not have to connect the /DE pin to 14 pin JTAG connector on board if the chip has /DE pin,in other words,you can connect the /DE or not. If the chip does not has /DE pin,you only float the pin 13 of the JTAG connector,it is okay. Hope it can help you.
BR XiangJun Rong -------
0 Kudos