cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior Classic 6.3 not being detect com port

Jump to solution
yakoinfinity
Contributor II

Hi everyone! I'm having a not nice trouble with my programmer/debugger. 

When I make and debug my project, the P&E Connection manager don't list the com port where I connected my programmer. I tried using another cable, another board, and tried on other computer, with no succeed. What could be wrong?

One or two weeks ago, it worked a couple times and then never again.

Info: 

-IDE: Codewarrior Classic v6.3

-Programmer/debugger: Third party MON08 programmer/debugger, integrated in a development board (Edukit08).

-MCU: HC08AP32

Thanks!

My best regards

Exequiel

Edit: Attached two screen captures, one showing you my listed Com ports (COM 7 it's the port where the programmer is), and other with the P&E programmer, not listing it.

Also, I tried to connect with Prog08SZ and it detected normally.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yakoinfinity
Contributor II

Hi! Thank you very much for your quick answer! I followed that guide, and it did'nt solve my problem.

But, a colleague suggested to change the number for the com port 3 to 2, which was free. For some reason, Codewarrior stopped looking for com ports when detects one unassigned com.  So, it solved my inability to conect to my programmer.

Anyways, thank you!

My best regards,
Exequiel Beker.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Beker,

I was told by P&E support that all P&E latest version programmers support 6bit win10/win7, including Prog08SZ. So it's normal your Prog08SZ can connect correctly.

But CW6.3 can not support any 64bit system. neither 64bit win10, nor 64bit win7. So it's not possible to connect MON interface on 64bit win10 with CW6.3. See "System Requirements" in thus url:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Classic IDE|NXP 

unfortunately for the moment, we don't have plan to upgrade CW6.3 to support 64bit system. if user uses HC08 MCU with CW6.3, there are only two options:

1. our official recommendation is to install CW6.3  to a 32bit xp system.

2. solution provided by our customer but NXP doesn't provide official support for it: How-to Directly Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Classic in Windows 7 & 10 x64 (Unofficial Method) 

I know many customer successfully use CW6.3 on 64bit system with this solution.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
yakoinfinity
Contributor II

Hi! Thank you very much for your quick answer! I followed that guide, and it did'nt solve my problem.

But, a colleague suggested to change the number for the com port 3 to 2, which was free. For some reason, Codewarrior stopped looking for com ports when detects one unassigned com.  So, it solved my inability to conect to my programmer.

Anyways, thank you!

My best regards,
Exequiel Beker.

0 Kudos