CodeWarrior can not run in Ubuntu-8.10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior can not run in Ubuntu-8.10

cowley
Contributor I

After I install CodeWarrior in my Ubuntu-8.10, When I run cwide, it will be exception, the error message as following:

$./cwide

[: 241: closing paren expected

gcc: 4.1.2. /cwide: 241: Bad substitution

Btw, CodeWarrior Version: CWX-MGT-LLAPP-EX Rev. D Lot #111408-4009 How to solve the problem? Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Reky
Contributor II

Hi,

Yes, just change the ./cwide !#/bin/sh to  !#/bin/bash to get further.

No, i wouldn't recomment libX11 downgrading. Just get a new libX11 from git, configure it with "--without-xcb" option and build it. The resulted libs will be installed by default in /usr/local/lib.

Edit again cwide script and change LD_LIBRARY_PATH= to  LD_LIBRARY_PATH"/usr/local/lib".

Start CW and have fun!

0 Kudos

gnk
Contributor I

Hello All,

Code warrior can be made to run in Ubuntu 8.10 by

1)Downgrading the libx11-6 to version 1.0.3-7 .But this can be done by removing of libx11-xcb and compiz packages as 1.0.3-7 is not compatible with these packages.

2)Also change the script in cwide from #!/bin/sh  to #!/bin/bash.

enjoy !!!

0 Kudos

cowley
Contributor I

According FreeScale support rely from e-mail:  for this question, gcc should downgrade to 4.1.2 version,

I did it, but the exception is stillexistence, Does anyone give me a solution, Thanks!!

To downgrade  gcc and reinstall CodeWarrior, when run, the same exceptions.

cowely@cowely-desktop:/media/cdrom$ /usr/local/Freescale/CodeWarrior-MGT-9.2/CodeWarriorIDE/cwide
[: 241: closing paren expected
gcc: 4.1.2
/usr/local/Freescale/CodeWarrior-MGT-9.2/CodeWarriorIDE/cwide: 241: Bad substitution
cowely@cowely-desktop:/media/cdrom$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --with-tune=i686 --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

0 Kudos